What did I get myself into?

abqjt

Thanks for the diagram.

I don't even know what the tors is. I'll have to do some research.

I don't know what it is revving to as a number goes, but it's spinning pretty high. Not as high as the other banshee, but sounds like a lot more than 2k.

Maybe I'll take a video put it on YouTube and link to it here for reference. Maybe. This weekend I'll have a little time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tors is throttle override system which basically senses when carburetor slides gets stuck and kills the spark, it also puts your bike into some kind of limp mode in case you forget to release parking brake. Its got switches on your thumb throttle, parking brake and on each of the carburetors. I don't think you have it because you have aftermarket carbs.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

The TORS system has nothing to do with the park brake rev limiter, it is built into the CDI box. Go to the harness connector for the CDI box, on the bike side of the connector cut the green/yellow striped wire and tape the ends so they CAN'T GROUND. That will do away with the park brake rev limiter.

• Like 1

The TORS system has nothing to do with the park brake rev limiter, it is built into the CDI box. Go to the harness connector for the CDI box, on the bike side of the connector cut the green/yellow striped wire and tape the ends so they CAN'T GROUND. That will do away with the park brake rev limiter.
Good to know, I was mistaken about that.

Okay so the tors box is now unplugged. No difference. I taped up the wires that had been cut from the carbs and the "main switch" connector according to the diagram. I didn't bother with the kill switch yet and not sure I plan to at this point. I couldn't find a green wire with a yellow stripe.

Bike doesn't feel like it has much power and then falls on its face like it is in a limp mode. I've uploaded two videos. The white one is the one I'm having the issues with. The other one is another stupid mistake that runs better.

Now being a fat guy maybe with the red one I've just got too high of expectations for it to be able to drag me around compared to the raptor. But with the white one, something just isn't right and I don't know what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thing just pisses me off. Pulled the carbs, swapped the 142 mains for 148s. Put it back together and it felt a little better, but not much. So I pulled those, and bumped straight up to 155s and set the air screw at 2.5 turns out. Went to test ride it and for a second it felt like it might be better, then grinding and the back end locks up and it dies. I look to see what happened and apparently the axle bolt came loose and got caught in the sprocket. So it is bent to hell and I'm going to have to torch it off, try and fix the adjuster bracket and get another before I can test the carbs again. 

I'm fairly positive I'm sick of it already though. No matter how well it runs if it ever runs right. This is pretty much a mission to make it work and sell it and hopefully not totally lose my ass on it. 

• Like 1

This thing just pisses me off. Pulled the carbs, swapped the 142 mains for 148s. Put it back together and it felt a little better, but not much. So I pulled those, and bumped straight up to 155s and set the air screw at 2.5 turns out. Went to test ride it and for a second it felt like it might be better, then grinding and the back end locks up and it dies. I look to see what happened and apparently the axle bolt came loose and got caught in the sprocket. So it is bent to hell and I'm going to have to torch it off, try and fix the adjuster bracket and get another before I can test the carbs again. 
I'm fairly positive I'm sick of it already though. No matter how well it runs if it ever runs right. This is pretty much a mission to make it work and sell it and hopefully not totally lose my ass on it. 
Mate it is what it is,when you start losing your shit, just walk it off and let it sit for a while. If you force it and try to finish it off while you are "under the pump" you start making mistakes and skipping important clues. Leave it for couple of days, don't even think of it, and then jump in it fresh.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Well I'm back. Not sure if I'm here for help now or just bitching. I did as suggested and let it sit. Work was busy so it sat for a few weeks, and at that point, some pieces of crap stole two of my dirtbikes - the ones that ran of course, not this pile of garbage banshee. That took the wind out of my sails. 

Today I decided I'd spend some time working on it. When I last left it, it was running, but not well, and had locked up the rear axle due to the axle bolt sliding out and bending. I fixed the axle and decided I'd try to start it and do some test and tune. Well.....a can of starting fluid, a carb clean and about 200 kicks later, it won't start. I don't get it. I hate this thing. I genuinely hate this thing. 

I'm posting it up for sale as is tomorrow. I'm hoping I don't totally lose my ass on it but I can say without a doubt I will NEVER purchase another banshee, or for that matter, a kick start vehicle. My foot is killing me. 

• Like 1