What did I get myself into?

abqjt

Why is half the frame spray painted?

Rust?

I have a coolant bottle holder bracket for sale.

Doesn’t look to bad.

Need to pull carbs and pipes, leak down test, comp test, check carb jets for your elevation.

New filters.

Pull head to see pistons, measure bore and stroke.

Post pictures of the cylinders that are in parts box.

Might be able to sell them to a member here...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't say why anything was done. I doubt paint is due to rust as it came from the southwest where rust isn't really a thing.

If the dude lied about one thing he probably lied about all of it. So I'm sort of assuming I've got a mostly stock banshee in shit condition for too much money.

I gave $2500 for it. Seemed reasonable had it been what he said but probably way overpriced for what I actually got.

I'll be back home tonight but won't be able to do anything to it until the weekend. Maybe get some better pictures tomorrow if I make it home before the sun goes down.

Alright I haven't got in touch with the dude but I had about an hour after work so I took it apart a bit to get some more pictures.

Most pics are self explanatory. The cylinder in my hand is one of the box parts. Carbs are much larger than the ones in the box.

b72d679d0100bd3aa5908818cad17c53.jpg
ed422ba432bee7dd7760a705be2e3b5d.jpg
c6230e3bb058292cdaac439a61af83c9.jpg
a294c10a3a23d07f115749dd7cedee35.jpg
7b8fd612c25524eb1da9ba39b67854e9.jpg
d5a1cca57f9310698517a8480b915b3f.jpg
5a6cd3292e1e0c3875ee08e81d388ae2.jpgccd553ce9bf3a12d35338e41ca026d47.jpge47e9a2613589cf63dd5313ed400c00e.jpg

I've done a little Google work. Seen nothing but bad about trinity except for the stage 4 head so I guess that's disconcerting and good at the same time.

The carbs appear to be 35mm not 38mm.

I didn't see a part number on the radiator to reference for the titanium bit but it does have Toomey stickers on it so I'm guessing it is not stock.

Bar parts and levers seem decent.

I guess I probably still need to pull the head and see what size bore it has for tuning purposes?

A arms do appear to be 2 over so I guess I'll need to get proper shocks since the front end is leaning pretty good. Guessing that means that one is blown.

I say you got a good deal as long as the motor has compression.  steering stem, rad, handle bars, carbs, levers, are all good. Seller said it was a 421? clearly its a stock cylinder, but Didnt trinity have the sleeved 420 cylinder setup? anyone? a lot of people now days jsut assume that if its a 421 bore its a cub.  

Carbs are keihin pwk 70ra3 35mm. Need to figure out what size jets to order. I'm at about 5000' elevation. Currently has 142 main and 52 pilot. Also need to order filters since those others were in such nice shape lol

Talking to myself here for anyone who reads in later. I ordered a couple "kits" with jets for the carbs so I've got room to play with them. I've decided to try and clean up and straighten the K&N filters that were on there already to not bleed any more money into this thing since it isn't what I was hoping for in the first place. 

Probably just going to get it going and get rid of it. The whole thing has left me with a sour taste in my mouth. Parts won't be in until mid week and I'll be out of town, so I'll be working on it again next weekend unfortunately. 

Keep the shee, you haven’t even ridden one yet.

Why the bad taste? Wait tell you ride it, you will get rid of the rest of your fleet to keep the banshee top notch.

Like everyone said you got a good deal to start with. Lots of good parts.

You can find filters for inexpensive. Try banshee Facebook.

Doesn’t look like the bike would need much to be really nice.

I have a Coolant bottle holder shipped to your door for 8$

• Like 1