What did I get myself into?

abqjt

You cant tune it because you likely have an air leak. These things are simple

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

We can beat this topic down to subatomic level and keep arguing as much as you like but the fact is that this guy doesn't like 2 strokes,he is 4 stroke person .
No matter what you say and how smart you are won't change his mind.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Who ever tells you banshees are simple is bullshitting you,to work on 4 stroke is way more simple and straightforward than any 2 stroke. If you wanna learn how to work on them be ready to spend some quality time reading shitloads of posts on jetting,do some research on porting,pipes,reed valves and all possible combinations of above mentioned stuff.

I rebuilt my buddies 18 crf450 recently, now these new age 4 stroke ARE finicky

Sorry for being a dickhead but this guy came here couple of months ago with a problem,asking for advice.
He was given good advice and where to start from on couple of occasions but he still keeps beating the same thing expecting different results.
He doesn't wanna spend good time on that quad,doing some good research and than applying it.

2 hours ago, the boris said:

Who ever tells you banshees are simple is bullshitting you,to work on 4 stroke is way more simple and straightforward than any 2 stroke. If you wanna learn how to work on them be ready to spend some quality time reading shitloads of posts on jetting,do some research on porting,pipes,reed valves and all possible combinations of above mentioned stuff.

I think I speak for everyone here when I say banshees are very simple to work on. BASIC tools are all that's required. You don't even need to be real mechanical, if you can read or remember the steps on reassembly from taking apart that's really all you need.

I think I speak for everyone here when I say banshees are very simple to work on. BASIC tools are all that's required. You don't even need to be real mechanical, if you can read or remember the steps on reassembly from taking apart that's really all you need.
Exactly.