Bought a banshee. What do I have?

Banshee802

IF you wanna ride it, do a compression and leak down test first, then let er rip.  

Have to make a bigger leak down tester. Would I use a block off plate for power valves? I can already tell it has more compression than my stock cylinder banshee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Banshee802 said:

Have to make a bigger leak down tester. Would I use a block off plate for power valves? I can already tell it has more compression than my stock cylinder banshee.

for the leak down test? no you just leave them in im assuming no experience with pv but im assuming they are sealed.  does it have an override transmission ?

There is a lot of money in this bike. If your leaking oil and coolant don’t even ride it. Send off the engine and do it right

Wasn’t planning on running it until those are fixed. Personally I’m not going to send the motor out, I like to do my own work. Do you think the trade was worth it?

You need to strip the bike down, send frame and misc parts(pegs) to powder coat. While your waiting for that, “freshen” up the motor. Rings, hone, seals, bearings, verify trans, and clutch setup. Clean carbs.

Unknown hours on top end. You might just have a grenade.

Remove that twist throttle death trap and put a thumb on it.

Definitely worth it if it needs no major engine work. A crank for that is 800-1200 alone.

if your a good engine builder go for it. You’ll need to know crank tolerances squish gasket heights know if chamfering is needed or honing, know if different domes are required, etc.

Without riding it, you'll need to see the trans to identify if it's an overide.  Not insulting you, but sounds like your best option would be to have someone with a clue on these race motors go thru it. Theyll know what to look for. And I assure you the small labor fee you'll pay, will be far less than what's gonna happen to it.

You would be foolish to not do a tear down and inspection prior to riding it. Cheap and easy to do, will most likely save you thousands in the long run. I’d call Redline, order a set of gaskets and seals so you have them, pull it apart, verify what you have, and put it back together. If that thing goes BOOM, you don’t have much!

• Like 1