Weird clutch issues

Finally got a chance to take my Shee out for the first time, noticed during the trip that if I have my bike shut off and in gear, if I pull the clutch in I cannot roll the bike unless I put it in neutral, it won't move with the clutch in while in gear, it also when trying to start it in gear with the clutch in won't start and just tries to move, I have adjusted as much as I can up top at the lever, is there another adjustment down below? Or is it time for a clutch?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

did you just build or buy it?   there might be something wrong with a bearing, but lets start with adjustment.  when finished, the cable should be adjusted so the arm on the clutch lines up the arrows.  first, screw back in the cable adjustment at the handle bars to little more than mid.  then, loosen the jam nut holding the cable to the engine and slide it out of the slot.  youll want a tool to move the lever and feel the freeplay, because theres a pretty strong spring that makes it a pain to do by hand.  for the life of me, i cant recall off the top of my head, but i believe its less than 30 degrees or 3/8" flreeplay.   its possible someone backed it off too much.  to adjust that, remove the clutch cover, then loosen the jamnut and adjust the screw in the middle of the clutch.  this adjustment tightens up with clutch wear.  make sure the clutch isnt flopping around.

Arrows don't always line up with aftermarket clutch but yeah, definitely time to open the clutch cover and inspect. You can try and adjust further with the screw/nut in the center of the pressure plate and/or take out the plates and measure to see if they are in spec.

• 1 month later...