Yfz450x shocks alba long travel?

Bansheep

Hello everyone,  new on here.. Anyway I have a set of yfz450x shocks, and spindles with calipers and master cyl. Curious if getting the alba long travel a arms is a decent setup,? I fast trail ride mostly.. I'm about 240lbs. My bike has +2 +1 with works triple rates on it now. I use all the travel up pretty easy.

If you are bottoming out your Works shocks they are not properly setup. Bottoming out has nothing to do with shaft travel. The Alba arms take a 17.5" shock. Standard travel +2 arms a 14.75" shock. Neither will work properly with x shocks. Sell the x shocks and use the money to get your Works setup for you.

The common way its done is with a spacer in the body. Waste of money. The yfz shocks already don't have enough shaft travel, putting a spacer inside is hard on the internals and also further reduces shaft travel and in turn wheel travel. Often time the people that do this mod also don't respring the shock so not even that is setup correctly. 

The fact is yfzr shocks are great shocks but to have them PROPERLY setup for a banshee you would be in them for far more than much better aftermarket shocks.

• Like 1