Racing Newb

BansheeUSA

Hey Im pretty new to the banshee and two stroke world. I have a banshee with CPI pipes, sprocket change for quicker acceleration, boost bottle, Hemi heads, and that’s all I know of without taking the motor apart. I am wanting to know tips to drag it. How to leave off the line I’m pretty new to this. I’ve gotten it up to 83 mph. Using gps with no problem and didn’t max it out. I raced a 19 700 and it was neck to neck and I don’t know how. So I need racing tips because I don’t know how to leave quick enough to take advantage of my 2 stroke

51 minutes ago, specialblend07 said:

Pull clutch in, grab a handful of throttle, release clutch, continue to shift.

So do I start in second gear or first

do I give it wot with holding clutch from the start

do I powershift

when is the perfect point to shift 

i have a bunch of questions regarding this trying to get to the best of my ability with riding my banshee and getting all of it out. 

once ya find sweet spot for launching....  see above comment... 

forget using clutch after launching...  just let off a bit and shift...   only time i used my clutch in a race was for the launch, if I had to come to a stop and or feather the clutch to keep rpms up (which you shouldn't need to do in a drag race) 

9 minutes ago, ride.race.live said:

once ya find sweet spot for launching....  see above comment... 

forget using clutch after launching...  just let off a bit and shift...   only time i used my clutch in a race was for the launch, if I had to come to a stop and or feather the clutch to keep rpms up (which you shouldn't need to do in a drag race) 

Would this somehow affect my clutch later on? 

ive always done it as well as anyone else I know in the racing scene... is it better or worse... no idea...  but its the quickest way as there's no clutch pull delay. 

you need to go out and just ride and self develop... no one here can truthfulyl fully help you unless you plan on moding your clutch or something 

8 minutes ago, ride.race.live said:

ive always done it as well as anyone else I know in the racing scene... is it better or worse... no idea...  but its the quickest way as there's no clutch pull delay. 

you need to go out and just ride and self develop... no one here can truthfulyl fully help you unless you plan on moding your clutch or something 

Modding is no problem I’m good at working on cars and other mechanics. Just trying to find the best solution to get quicker times like the best out the hole shot and quicker shifts

the only way your going to get better at launching is trial and error...

what gear and rpm you launch on all depends on over all bike set up... from tires to chassis to motor... 

what sprockets to run is another thing that all depends on track length... heck even track condition ...  from dirt to asphalt etc... 

most guys playing with their clutch adjustments are running hefty motors and create a "zone" of clutch slippage. for a harder high rpm launch without ended up flat on their back .

I am racing on 

3 minutes ago, ride.race.live said:

yup

42 minutes ago, BansheeUSA said:

Modding is no problem I’m good at working on cars and other mechanics. Just trying to find the best solution to get quicker times like the best out the hole shot and quicker shifts

5 minutes ago, SKEETER said:

My 1st and foremost advice would be to not listen to ^^^ about drag racing..

I am running on asphalt I have 13 sprocket in the front just trying to find tips on the best way to leave the hole and shift.