Will my build do what I want?

You probably get this question a lot, but I have to ask. I ride with a lot of 400, 450, and raptor 700’s. I have not really raced any of them since I got my banshee running how I want. I raced a TRX 450 when my banshee was stock and beat it pretty good. But anyway do you guys think my build will beat those stock quads?? Also what’s a rough estimate of what hp I have over a stock shee? My build is:

Wiseco Pro Lites

FMF Gold Series Fattys

FMF powercore 2

K&N single air filter

+4 timing

TORS removed

Vitos clutch plates

290 mains

Stock gearing

32:1 AMSOIL Dominator 91 octane

Running rich on purpose

800ft

Pretty much my goal was to get as much power as I could out of a stock cyl. and crank banshee. I am not there yet but tell me what else I could do. Thanks.

Why dont you have the cyls ported? 

I’m still in high school and I don’t have much money to put in the quad, but this summer I have got a good job and I should for sure have enough to get them ported. It’s at the top of my list, but for now I’ll have to settle for stock cylinders, plus the cylinders I got with the top end kit are brand new and are “suppose” to be as good as oem, who knows though. Also, who would have the best quality and price to send my cylinders to?

eBay top end?   Spend $ on suspension  

It was from BPRacing which I seen is a sponsor here. It came with wiseco pro lites which I thought were good pistons, and it also came with the cylinders which claim to be as good as OEM, they looked really nice and didn’t seem bad. But idk.  Right now I already put shocks on, cheap shocks nothing like fox or anything. I am not the type of guy to spend big bucks on how the quad rides, it just does not really bother me. I 100% prefer power.

And how do you think the current build will do against those quads?

Thanks.

LOL bp racing 

you will need some mods like porting and better pipes to beat that 700.  also once you start gettting a lot of power, investing in how your bike rides will make a world of difference.  But if your just drag racing dont matter then.  

Edited by Ayesully810

1 hour ago, SKEETER said:

Ya, suspension dont matter when you drag race.  🙄

a lot of guys just run struts on their bikes you really think stock suspension is really going to make that much of a difference just playing around drag racing with friends???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? also i know nothing about drag racing so i have zero credibility so keep that in mind. 

Edited by Ayesully810

Like I said earlier I can not afford that stuff currently but I am planning on getting my cylinders ported and maybe better pipes. When I had my 2013 700 I raced against it and was pretty much dead even when my banshee only had pipes, and it was a decent rider on the 700. I’ve raced more 700s now after the few things I have done I can beat them without to much of a struggle. I ride for fun and just wanted to be able to keep up with the new quads which I currently can, I am not trying to sink a ton of money into things I don’t really need with a quad I’m happy with. I just wanted your guys opinions and I got them, I have raced against multiple quads now and I have answered my own question. No need to keep posting here. I’ll most likely just get it ported and leave it how it is. Thanks for the replies.

1 hour ago, Ayesully810 said:

a lot of guys just run struts on their bikes you really think stock suspension is really going to make that much of a difference just playing around drag racing with friends???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? also i know nothing about drag racing so i have zero credibility so keep that in mind. 

Didnt realize OP was drag racing pavement & groomed track. Where struts will be used.