Why only one cylinder?

Just cause you paid someone else to do it doesn't mean it was done correctly.  And damn, $80 to sync the carbs, seriously buy the tool, save yourself another $50.

I know but I could hear and feel the difference so I figured it is correct, plus I had them synced really close by eye but wanted it done right. I know what you mean though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well if your engine has no leak and your not lean and your carbs are synched, put it together and run it. Make sure you plug chop it just after it’s running to make sure it’s not lean.

possibly you had a untorqued head causing an air leak. 

Whats everyone else think?

• Like 1

well if your engine has no leak and your not lean and your carbs are synched, put it together and run it. Make sure you plug chop it just after it’s running to make sure it’s not lean.

This is what I am thinking. Thanks for all the help and replies hopefully she runs good.

Just wanted to get back to you on this. I have been riding for a few days now, prolly 6 hours on new top end. I have had no problems and it runs strong. The only thing I noticed was last night, I was riding earlier that day at about 8:00 pm and it was running perfectly fine in about 60 F weather. I decided to go to the bar / gas station we have in my small town and hang out. I was there until about 12:00 in the morning. It was 46 F when I left. I let the quad warm up for about 5 mins since I was riding earlier that day. Then I headed home on the highway. Basically the quad would not idle down whenever it was revved it acted like the throttle stuck and I had to turn the key off for it to idle down. I had to stay in 1st the whole time. So do you think it did this just cause it got cold sitting outside or do you think something may have went wrong? Just figured I would keep it on this thread, thanks.

Hmm, well the first thing I’m worried about is with the temp change colder and the fact that you melted it already, is that your getting a lean condition. Did you do a plug chop?

also, is the throttle cable sticking? You can clean them up. They can stick I’d the cable isn’t routed through the space on the bottom of the tank and they can get hung up on the lever end of the carb end above adjustment nuts.

you should plug chop and leak test again to make sure your not lean anywhere. Check your carb cable for sticky spots, and maybe up the mains and try it again at night and see if that makes a difference.

whats everyone else think?

• Like 1

Hmm, well the first thing I’m worried about is with the temp change colder and the fact that you melted it already, is that your getting a lean condition. Did you do a plug chop?
also, is the throttle cable sticking? You can clean them up. They can stick I’d the cable isn’t routed through the space on the bottom of the tank and they can get hung up on the lever end of the carb end above adjustment nuts.
you should plug chop and leak test again to make sure your not lean anywhere. Check your carb cable for sticky spots, and maybe up the mains and try it again at night and see if that makes a difference.
whats everyone else think?

Alright, well I put a brand new cable in when I removed TORS last winter and this was really the first ride I did with it so I don’t think that should be dirty. I am going to take it for a ride today and see if anything changed. Also, to do a plug chop do I have to run it 1-6 pinned or can I just go for a ride and chop the plugs?

New plugs, bring to wide open, kill the engine and read the plugs. Donit at night when temp down

Alright, I’ll have to do this. I decided to upload this video so you can see what I mean. You can hear how it will rev up fine then get stuck at a rpm for about 1-2 seconds. It just started doing this and I have no idea why. It was about 57 when I took this like 10 mins ago. I don’t think I want to do a plug chop with my throttle doing this.