*** St Anthony's May 2021***

• 5 months later...
On 8/12/2019 at 10:24 AM, Strm Trpr said:

Excellent! Yeah, I also wanted plenty of time to do a complete restore of my blue 2002 for this trip, install an LED Light Bar and finally install the Redline Serval Cameron built for me.

hows that jalopy running for ya ?

• 6 months later...

Nice!

Life keeps getting in the way for the 12hr 820mi one way trek, but May of 2021 sounds like a plan!

Summer of 2019 a childhood friend and longtime riding buddy was murdered.

He was a CO at a prison and someone on the inside put a hit out on him!

Fuckin tragic man!

Anyway, let’s make this happen!

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...

I just got back from an impromptu trip to Saint Anthony for labor day week. The dunes were amazing. Labor day we got a wind storm, and it cleaned out the dunes after the UTVs trashed them.

Its funny because its 724miles and 12hrs for me, 761miles and 12hours for my brother, and 732miles and 12hours for my buddy. We always meet up and distance/time is about the same for all of us except my buddies in western montana who can take day trips there.

Always a big crew, be great to get out with more than just my banshees! 

• Like 1

In 2018 I used RVshare.com to rent an RV at the Saint Anthony Dunes. Guy came out and set it up for me the morning of the day I was supposed to arrive. I got there in the evening and it was good to go. My last day I left in the morning and he came by to pick it up before check out time. Great experience. Since then I just sleep in the back of my jeep as its big enough for me, and everyone else has their own setup. Always fun though!

1 hour ago, gusto said:

Borders closed for me boys....

anyway, do you guys change domes? Heard the elevation is high there? How did the bikes run?

Elevation is like 4800 and the big dunes in the back are like 500ft+. When I bought my bikes I considered that I mostly tide the dunes in St.Anthony, I'll go out for a while week every month in the spring/Summer. At home I might locally maybe once or twice a year. Compression drops at higher elevation, so I set my domes up to work with 105 here and 91 out of a pump there. If you're at sea level, your compression could drop 20psi going to 5000ft. Maybe go up a size depending on where you are if you typically run pump gas.

• 1 month later...

I'm usually game for St A.  200 miles away in Boise, Idaho.  I might even have powder on my YF-Shee by then.  Would love to ride more but don't know many dune goons that ride real quads anymore.