Help banshee won’t idle 28pwk

I’m just looking for any input/advice I’ve been reading thru multiple threads to get my jetting where it is now and still no idle.

Current setup

Stock cylinders Mac Daddy aggressive trail port

21 domes

Pro design cool head

Billet intake

Vf4 reeds

Pods w/ outerwears

T5s

28 pwks 155main 52 pilot 3rd clip on needle

I had 150/45 when I got the carbs wouldn’t fun for shit upped them to 155/50 ran pretty good just no idle so read to up the pilot tried 52 same result just seemed to have better bottom end. Do I need to up the main? Elevation around 1900’ 70-80 degree weather

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, BansheeBrockman said:

No idle with chokes out either
And I just noticed I have one jjh needle and one n68a needle got the carbs used from a friend.
Would this be the cause?

yes. lol 

use the same needles in each carb will make a difference have experienced it my self.  

jjh is most commonly used in 28s

Edited by Ayesully810

Thanks I will try with matching jjh needle jets once I get them in and see if it will remedy my problem

Replaced needles with new jjh still no idle so I upped my mains to 158 seems to run a little better just boggy at bottom end and still no idle current jets 158/52

Any help is appreciated

Have you verified your idle screws actually raise the slides like their supposed too? If it were me I would focus on one area (jetting wise) at a time. Since currently you have no idle make sure your idle screws are lifting the slides just a little, then focus on your pilot/air screw for a nice idle and clean off-idle snap. I have a similar set up as you same carbs, your jetting should be close enough to at least let it idle half ass. It’s been my experience with too lean of a pilot the  engine would be hard starting and may idle for just a little and slowly starve for fuel if that makes any sense 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Have you verified your idle screws actually raise the slides like their supposed too? If it were me I would focus on one area (jetting wise) at a time. Since currently you have no idle make sure your idle screws are lifting the slides just a little, then focus on your pilot/air screw for a nice idle and clean off-idle snap. I have a similar set up as you same carbs, your jetting should be close enough to at least let it idle half ass. It’s been my experience with too lean of a pilot the  engine would be hard starting and may idle for just a little and slowly starve for fuel if that makes any sense 

If the idle screws don’t move the slides what is my next step. Idle screws screwed all the way in still no idle and slides don’t didn’t move up very much.

@BansheeBrockmanMotion Pro Throttle cable part# 01-0813 and before using the cable lube it up. It seems the reason your not getting an idle is you need to get the jetting straighten out 1st. What I would do is to put the jetting back to where you said it was running some what good and set the air screws 2 turns out from the seated position. Do one thing at a time. Play with the main jetting 1st and listen and feel the way she runs if you feel the top end getting better then you know that you’re getting close on the main jets to where she needs to be. You might feel a bog at takeoff that means your pilots are to small and bump the pilots up a little until the bogging is gone. Then mess with the idle screws. Also make sure you sync the carbs too. Keep us informed on your progress.