421 motor

I'm interested in doing a 421 motor in my banshee. The only riding I do is around the neighborhood and occasionally some trail riding. Which would be better, the serval or the cub? Also what company out there would you guy's trust to build this motor? I want to be able to send my motor out, get everything done to it, get it back and install it myself. I just want a good company to build it that won't jerk me around. Any advice is much appreciated. 

Serval is a bit overkill for just occasional riding plus some trails. Stock cylinder 4 mil wouldn’t be super expensive and would fit the bill just fine. Could run stock carbs too. If you want serval-esque port timings and power but at a lower price point, you could try driveline’s 421 LP kit.

Edited by Steven66

I honestly just want to be able to hit the throttle and pull the front end up anytime I want to. I'd like to keep it looking stock, but have a beast inside.  Like I said, I want to ship my motor out and have a company do the work and send it back. When I get it back I want to be able to put it in and ride. The only company I'm really hearing is Redline. Is that the best company to go with? Also, do you guys like the Lectron carbs at all?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On April 23, 2019 at 10:19 PM, jcarter said:

I honestly just want to be able to hit the throttle and pull the front end up anytime I want to. I'd like to keep it looking stock, but have a beast inside.  Like I said, I want to ship my motor out and have a company do the work and send it back. When I get it back I want to be able to put it in and ride. The only company I'm really hearing is Redline. Is that the best company to go with? Also, do you guys like the Lectron carbs at all?

If you want it to be stock looking, do a Driveline LP set up. Their power numbers are on par. With the CP cylinders now and they look almost OEM to the un trained eye.  Definitely stick to the PWK's on the serval. There are more of them out there so set up info is abundant and they are more suited to the trail riding.