Banshee MPG... test & survey.

Curious as to what others get... But here's my story.

Okay, I have the 5.5 gallon desert tank, and am running a ported  +4 mil, with 33mm PWKs. Gearing is +3 @ rear.

Now I know and have posted that the MPG sucks, and was lectured by a fair share of builders to keep the stock 26mm carbs, but I got a great deal on the new 33s  for pennies on the dollar, so I went with them. Probably should listened, as for MX trail riding...I'm fairly certain jetted stock carbs can match larger carbs.

Here's what the facts are, filled get up with 5 gall of 100ll and KlotzTechniplate castor...rode on (dirt roads) over a few days and this is what 5.5 gallons gets you with 33 mm carbs.

APPROX@ 26 miles @ speed...yep that's it.

The bone stock Banshee that rode w me, used just over 1/2 of the stock OEM fuel tank. 

My friend has 39s and his bike, sucks significantly more fuel than mine.

Just curious as to what MPG others get.....

Yeah, I knew it was awful mileage. But didn't realize how awful until I determined it in miles... lol

It is what it is at this point, (if I start doing alot of desert riding) I have options... I think the best course of action will be to ditch the 19cc domes, so I can run a AV100LL /pump fuel mix. ..
Race fuel is just too expensive for me for a trail/desert bike.
That's $75.00 every 25 miles it 1 1/2 hrs of riding.
The bikes pretty fast from what I can tell, but I'm really going back to thinking that 26s-28s can be equal in power where I'm using it....
I'm waiting to compare by bike another Banshee with stock sized carbs in a drag race /top speed situation.

I found a supply for AV fuel 100LL ...not sure if I'm legally allowed to buy it & pump it????
But it's self serve and the airport has a unlocked man gate around the security perimiter. So I just walked into the tarmac /fuel Depot & pumped away. FYI.. no one was at the airport......it's rural.
But at 5 bucks a gallon it's only $1 doller more than pump fuel here in California. Pump gas us $4 bucks a gallon

you can pump it at small airports.  its self serve.   100ll is all i run in my banshee.  they dont really want you driving up to the pump, but you are more then welcome to walk there with a gas can and fill it up.  

• Like 1

I got 40ish miles on a stock tank, stock cylinder, mild port stock carbs

all mileage was "calculated" at glamis... depending how much was big dunes riding in 5th/6th grear mileage would drop.

Yeah, I knew it was awful mileage. But didn't realize how awful until I determined it in miles... lol

It is what it is at this point, (if I start doing alot of desert riding) I have options... I think the best course of action will be to ditch the 19cc domes, so I can run a AV100LL /pump fuel mix. ..
Race fuel is just too expensive for me for a trail/desert bike.
That's $75.00 every 25 miles it 1 1/2 hrs of riding.
The bikes pretty fast from what I can tell, but I'm really going back to thinking that 26s-28s can be equal in power where I'm using it....
I'm waiting to compare by bike another Banshee with stock sized carbs in a drag race /top speed situation.

I found a supply for AV fuel 100LL ...not sure if I'm legally allowed to buy it & pump it????
But it's self serve and the airport has a unlocked man gate around the security perimiter. So I just walked into the tarmac /fuel Depot & pumped away. FYI.. no one was at the airport......it's rural.
But at 5 bucks a gallon it's only $1 doller more than pump fuel here in California. Pump gas us $4 bucks a gallon

I run 100LL at 163psi.

Envoyé de mon SM-G965W en utilisant Tapatalk

It's not that exactly that.
It's just the larger carbs are very detrimental for (actual riding time).
I'm unable to go for long rides with friends.
Eventually I'll go back to my stock carbs , as it is basically proven I'll get almost double the MPG and with little or no loss in power 😄 outside of ultimate top end, and at 52 I've little business hitting 80 mph in the open desert
Live n learn.
I already knew I was possibly making a mistake by going to larger carbs, after 3 decades of RZ350s...I knew better.
I just did not expect MPG to be so utterly awful by going to 33s.
It just ain't worth it.

• 2 weeks later...