Hybrid Project - 2019

Probably going to be a long project but I'd like to document it so I figured I'll start a thread. Picked up a frame and plastics this weekend. Had some suspension parts in my garage. I'm going to practice my welding and try and do most of the fab work myself. I'll drop a few pictures of the start below.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ayesully810 said:

good start already, surprised you dont already have all the parts you need tucked away somewhere lol you are the new hp2000 

I have a complete motor, electrical and all the rear end for it. I'm missing peg bolts, seat and the time and skills to fabricate the mounts and pipes.

I could never be HP2000, he's on another level. 

1 minute ago, gusto said:

Good start. Will you go custom pipes? What size engine? I believe there was a guy selling engine mounts for hybrids on FB.

The size of the engine will depend on how much I enjoy it. I have a spare stock engine as well as 4mil stock cylinder. I also have parts for a 421 and 465 serval, one of which may well end up in here. Right now I'm thinking the 4mil stock cylinder with a set of modified Pro Circuits. I have a set of those and some Aliens I don't mind cutting up. This will be a "race" bike/beater for me so I doubt I'll ever shell out the money for custom pipes on it. 

If I could get my hands on one of his kits I would likely buy it as a starting point but I would make modifications to it. I don't believe he is selling them anymore though as I've tried to reach him. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Toybreaker said:

Nice start, don't skip photo's of any step please....

I'll do my best not to. I've got cases, mounts and an output shaft from a yfz on the way so I can locate my sprocket properly and design my own mounts. Should be interesting!

• 3 weeks later...