100LL or 50/50

I've ran 100ll for over a decade in ~800cc 2 stroke jetskis. Ran it in the banshee for a while, but decided to just go pump gas. I've never had an issue. fwiw.

Is it as good a race gas, no. Is it cheaper, yes.

28 minutes ago, Keno said:

I've ran 100ll for over a decade in ~800cc 2 stroke jetskis. Ran it in the banshee for a while, but decided to just go pump gas. I've never had an issue. fwiw.

Is it as good a race gas, no. Is it cheaper, yes.

thanks man. thats basically the conclusion of all the old threads from 10 years ago but I thought id make a new one to see if that has changed at all. 

It has a pretty low specific gravity, so some oils don't like to mix with it. Options are to mix a little regular gasoline in, or change to a different oil. I think its just castor based oils that have issues. Amsoil mixes fine with it, as should many other synthetics.

im leaning towards just doing a 50/50 mix of 110 and 93 right now. race fuel is expensive as heck right now though at the pump where im at 
I've been running 100LL since October '18 and have not see any issues with my bike. Maybe just a dirtier silencer, yet idk if that's what is causing it. Use to run 50/50, but race fuel is not easily accessible as avgas is (regional airport is a 5min drive @ $4.39/gal :D)

I do plan on checking the internals of my motor just to be sure everything is kosher though.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I've been running 100LL since October '18 and have not see any issues with my bike. Maybe just a dirtier silencer, yet idk if that's what is causing it. Use to run 50/50, but race fuel is not easily accessible as avgas is (regional airport is a 5min drive @ $4.39/gal default_biggrin.png)

I do plan on checking the internals of my motor just to be sure everything is kosher though.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

This is the pistons wash of my 421 and 521 on 100LL with Castor927 at 2%

Not bad.

394a1ee124ab174c005f201c27ef7e0f.jpg45702394b08330fa17b8f47d2f64df4b.jpg

Envoyé de mon SM-G965W en utilisant Tapatalk

i have been running 100LL my entire bikes life.  100ll doesnt have ethenol which pump gas does.  

Never have had a issue,  shit i brought 40 gallons of LL to hatfield trails when i went down there lol. 

I think im going to try out 100LL for a bit and see how it does.  im a little over 155 psi right now.  I found some today at a local air port for 4.98 a gallon.  Grabbed a gallon today and started the bike up, started 5th kick after sitting all winter

Edited by Ayesully810

18 hours ago, Keno said:

Wow, just checked, 100LL is only $3.89/gallon in my area. Last summer is was $4.25/gallon!

http://www.airnav.com/fuel/local.html

Is race fuel still over $10/gallon?

its close to that right now where I am at. VP is just so expensive id never run it. 75+ for 5 gallons is just stupid to me, unless i was drag racing, it wouldnt make sense.  ive been reading more about 100LL and just thought id wanna try it and see