300ft dirt drag racing gearing “ starting Point “

FreakShee

Hi gents 

The bike has stock frame  has 10mill Trex on alky. 22x11x8 14 Extreme Paddles and current gearing 16/43 and +8 swingarm. My weight is 188lbs. It runs consistent 4.1sec in 300ft. Not sure if it is good or bad :)

Any recommendations on gearing? 

Should I start from stock gearing then slowly changing the rear and front sprockets? 

Edited by FreakShee

1 hour ago, special06shee said:

What RO are your rear tires? On my 10cub i ran 15t front and 42/43rear for 300’ track with 14paddle stg. (78RO. )I weighed about the same as you do. Bike weighed 280ish race ready. Ran 3.9s very consistent.

I bought them 15 years ago. I barley see the 22/11/8 extreme SLS. The rollout is 7X 

How can I check the R/O? 

I still believe 16/43 is too tall 

I believe 10mill cubs still would outform my KT 10mill Trex :)

I bought them 15 years ago. I barley see the 22/11/8 extreme SLS. The rollout is 7X 
How can I check the R/O? 
I still believe 16/43 is too tall 
I believe 10mill cubs still would outform my KT 10mill Trex

To check your ro either pull tire off quad, or jack rear of quad in the air. Run your desired air pressure and use a tape measure(i use a small 1/4”wide stanly steel tape) and measure the circumference of the center of the tire.

3 hours ago, special06shee said:

To check your ro either pull tire off quad, or jack rear of quad in the air. Run your desired air pressure and use a tape measure(i use a small 1/4”wide stanly steel tape) and measure the circumference of the center of the tire.

Like this? 

Measuring Tire Circumference (roll-out) https://youtu.be/UIv5oN-r88c via @YouTube