Dune drag gearing

DetroitDuner

Yup.  My 75hp 4mm dune port stock arm bike loved 15/41 gearing and I was 225# with 20/10/10  8paddle haulers.       Either way, if you're actually trying to "drag" that thing, those tires are not the ticket

Look into a stiffer spring for rear as well, itll help throughout all riding.   Try a 15 front, and if it's too much , go up 1 at a time in rear.    Tire pressure can make big difference as well , depending on sand conditions.  

some tips for you

get some good spark arrestors for your inframes, they are getting a bit strict out there now days, DONT go on a holiday and ride in, they are testing shearers now during peak busy days for sound at the gate and i got kicked out this past year on memorial day, try and use your truck to drive it in, dont just jam some sink screen behind the end cap for a spark arrestor, PM me and ill give you some tips on that. they have a bunch of village idiots working there though they said i had 103 dbs on the test which would cause hearing damage, but still i know shearers dont pass. hell they failed a set of FMFS!!! there too. 

most of the sand is pretty sugary out there except for the beach area, and ive have good luck with paddle brats, they hook like a mother there, 21 inch tire 9 paddle, 14/41 gearing.  I dont drag though 15/40 or 15/41 there would be good. 

12 hours ago, Ayesully810 said:

some tips for you

get some good spark arrestors for your inframes, they are getting a bit strict out there now days, DONT go on a holiday and ride in, they are testing shearers now during peak busy days for sound at the gate and i got kicked out this past year on memorial day, try and use your truck to drive it in, dont just jam some sink screen behind the end cap for a spark arrestor, PM me and ill give you some tips on that. they have a bunch of village idiots working there though they said i had 103 dbs on the test which would cause hearing damage, but still i know shearers dont pass. hell they failed a set of FMFS!!! there too. 

most of the sand is pretty sugary out there except for the beach area, and ive have good luck with paddle brats, they hook like a mother there, 21 inch tire 9 paddle, 14/41 gearing.  I dont drag though 15/40 or 15/41 there would be good. 

Hey man it says u cannot receive messages. what did you use for spark arrestors on your shearers. I just Upgraded from FMF and never had issues at silver lake before. My buddy had lakes make spark arrestors for his CPI pipes and they came out pretty good... he got in no issues on Labor Day. We drive everything in....

On 3/9/2019 at 10:25 AM, DetroitDuner said:

Hey man it says u cannot receive messages. what did you use for spark arrestors on your shearers. I just Upgraded from FMF and never had issues at silver lake before. My buddy had lakes make spark arrestors for his CPI pipes and they came out pretty good... he got in no issues on Labor Day. We drive everything in....

lakes will make you the same type spark arrestors for your shearers you should be fine then