What to expect at Hatfield-Mccoy? Aware me.

Posted in the events forum as well.

I booked a lodge in Man WV for a few days to ride the Rockhouse trail system. What should I be expecting there and will my banshee do the job? Its all set up for riding east coast trails. Both machines I own are not the best to be using down there I'd bet but Im still gonna send it. 

My banshee has a stock motor with boyesen rad valves and T-6s, Roll Design A-arms with Fox Float 3s, stock rear sprung and valved for my weight and riding style, full skid plates and soon ill be buying a 6 pack rack to hold a gas can. I may need new tires soon as well. My other machine is a Honda XR650R with a CRF450 front that has ProAction valves and springs tuned for my weight and a revalved and sprung rear. I will need tires for that, right now it has DOT knobbies on it since it is street plated.

i went a year and a half ago with my banshee.  Just be prepped it can be really wet there.  otherwise it was great, as long as you stay off the black trails, they are a little too tight,  I do recommend a gas can, some trails can be a long way, or an oversize tank. 

Only thing i experienced trouble with, is a flat tire.  dont know if it was because of not enough ply in the sidewall or if it was just a fluke

1 hour ago, ginger said:

i went a year and a half ago with my banshee.  Just be prepped it can be really wet there.  otherwise it was great, as long as you stay off the black trails, they are a little too tight,  I do recommend a gas can, some trails can be a long way, or an oversize tank. 

Only thing i experienced trouble with, is a flat tire.  dont know if it was because of not enough ply in the sidewall or if it was just a fluke

I have some things yet to buy, like tires. I just bought a 6 pack rack to carry spare gas so thats covered. I still need to get tires for my bike too. Is it hard pack and rocks mostly?

Blacks are fine. It's the extremes or black and red I think. Stay away from those. You need a 4x4 and winch for some of them. 6ply tires and fuel. Carry premix as well. You can get fuel at man and Gilbert. I plan on hitting them everytime to fill up for the return. Usually a good 70 mile round trip day.