What to expect at Hatfield-Mccoy? Aware me.

XXDEF1ANTXX

I planned a trip to Rockhouse in HM May 30 - June 2nd, I have reserved and sent the deposit for a lodge in Man. What should I expect with these trails? How do banshees do on them? My bike is already set up for east coast trail riding, but I have time to make improvements. 

The machines that are going are:

My banshee and XR650R

Blaster

2 YFZ450s

2 WR250s

Any advice would be appreciated.

I always go on Yotube and watch GoPro videos before I go anywhere. Looks fine to me based on the 10 min of the video I watched online. Plenty of bike there. A buddy of mine did some trails down there on a 400EX a number of years back but I've never been so I can't say.

worse part was the narrow trails with 2 way traffic. We actually had a head on wreck there in the group. The quad hit a rzr around a blind turn. Both parties were at fault, the rzr was on the inside of a turn when he should have been on the outside, the guy on the can-am in our group was going a little fast (a lot fast) and lucky he didn't die, just got a messed up some.

Like david said, carry fuel. Also carry oil as there were some gas stations you can ride too. We didn't ride at Rockhouse but check into them having gas stations away from camp. Gas is very important. Or just have someone with a sxs carry the fuel for you.

On 2/25/2019 at 9:29 AM, ZillaFreak said:

worse part was the narrow trails with 2 way traffic. We actually had a head on wreck there in the group. The quad hit a rzr around a blind turn. Both parties were at fault, the rzr was on the inside of a turn when he should have been on the outside, the guy on the can-am in our group was going a little fast (a lot fast) and lucky he didn't die, just got a messed up some.

Like david said, carry fuel. Also carry oil as there were some gas stations you can ride too. We didn't ride at Rockhouse but check into them having gas stations away from camp. Gas is very important. Or just have someone with a sxs carry the fuel for you.

Man and Gilbert have gas stations from what I have been reading. The 2 way trails kind of worry me, but they are like that in Marienville (Allegheny National Forrest in PA) so I do know the rules and what not. I am not overly concerned with fuel as I just got one of those 6 pack rack grab bars to carry a 2 gallon can or I may buy a rotopax set up and fab something up. I am only running a stock motor with a 2-1 setup as well so hopefully it will be better on gas than duals and also be better on my thumb. I put a bunch of money into my suspension as well and planned on only doing easier stuff with the banshee, I will use my big XR650R on some of the trickier stuff. That thing is a monster. 

Anyways, I still have two spots left in the rental lodge if anyone is interested in going May 30th-June 2nd.