2001 Banshee Woods Build in NJ

LiftdT4R

I know this is going to be a tough sale, if it sells at all, but figured I'd give it a shot because I will never ride this Shee the way it should be ridden and I'm building a custom motorcycle this winter and could use the funds. I built this Shee from scratch in 2009 after parting out and working on bikes for years. Everything's gone through and done right. I rode it for 20 hours that year and then kept it in my heated garage ever since. I figured I'd ride it a ton in the woods but got into enduros instead after I got tired of running from the Man. The Shee is in great shape, it has 2 minor quirks that need to be sorted out but I don't have the time: 

1. Left side carbs drips when petcock is on and the bike isn't running. I just completely went through the carbs but the float must be stuck. I tried tapping on it to no avail. I don't have anytime to take it back apart otherwise I would. Should be an easy fix and if it's a total deal breaker for someone interested I will break it down and fix it.

2. Rear brake pads need to be replaced and rear brake needs to be bled. I drained the fluid to replace it but didn't get any further. I have the pads just again, out of time. I hate bleeding brakes so I probably won't do this even if it's a deal breaker.

I need to get $3,800 to part with this garage decoration. That's my bottom dollar and if it doesn't sell for that I don't mind hanging onto it. I'm not hurting for cash. I have no interest in parting it out at this time. I have a ton of dough into it but I know, like anything else, I don't have a snowball's chance in hell at getting that back out of it. I have no idea the market for Shees today so if I'm way off please feel free to lemme know. This seemed fair to me based on what others were selling for. So here's the details:

- 2001 Banshee, no title, clear VIN, I can provide notarized bill of sale if desired
- 2nd bore, new pistons and rings, 20 hours total run time, 125psi compression both cylinders, done by FAST with a light cleanup/woods port
- Nology coils
- Cool head, 22cc domes
- Boyesen RAD Valves
- Stock carbs, synched and jetted for the setup, stock airbox with lid but no snorkel
- Paul Turner Mids, powdercoated high temp black
- Oversized billet radiator
- Roundhouse -1 swinger with TCS rebuilt rear, setup for woods and 180lb rider
- Lonestar +2 a-arms with Elka double rate fronts, woods and 180lb rider
- Powdercoated, gusseted frame
- Hi-per carbon fiber wheels with Holeshot XCRs??
- Aluminum Frame skid and Swingarm skid
- Tag front bumper, fresh black powdercoat
- Hella incan lights with mounting bracket
- Oversized IMS gas tank
- Lexan glass clutch cover with stock clutch, basket and plate look good, clutch has 20 hours on it
- YFZ 450 dual piston front brakes
- G Force wide rear axle with aluminum sprocket and brake hubs
- ASV levers with PowerMadd hand guards
- Renthal Bars with bar risers
- Wiring harness gone through and extra plugs removed, done the right way, absolutely no electrical gremlins here.

I also have tons of spare parts leftover from years of parting out Shees. I have extra radiators, plastics, hubs, spindles, etc, etc. You're welcome to any and all of it with the purchase of this shee.

Anyway, please feel free to shoot me a message. I am located in South Jersey. I am not willing to ship unless you do all of the legwork. You are more than welcome to stop by to take a look at it, have a beer, and laugh at how much money I lost. I am home most weekends. No trades unless you have an XR650L or a Beta 2 Smoker. Thanks guys!

cnDZ7FL.jpg

pK1Ub25.jpg

5KqYBeF.jpg

va6Ysvu.jpg

ykC05iS.jpg

sx0VgVu.jpg

ISZSSEn.jpg

kDbaFeM.jpg

ybHDvr0.jpg

u0cDpZy.jpg

24 minutes ago, specialblend07 said:

I'm not interested but this would be a really great woods/trail bike!

Looks great!

Thanks!!! It is awesome to ride! Tons of torque, and the handling is very quick in the woods. If I had a place to ride I wouldn't sell. I thought long and hard about parting with it but I don't see any use out of it so it's got to go.

I am in Medford, NJ. If you're interested I have family in New Brunswick I can deliver, no extra charge within a reasonable distance.
Hmmmmmm. I'm gonna try the supermoto thing again on the 450 dirtbike. If I dont get into it I'll sell it an buy this. Obviously if it's still around.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, sheerider11 said:

Hmmmmmm. I'm gonna try the supermoto thing again on the 450 dirtbike. If I dont get into it I'll sell it an buy this. Obviously if it's still around.

I don't want to talk myself out of a sale but I think you're way better off with a bike in NJ. I never could find any legal places to ride close by on my Shee and a trip to PA took up the whole weekend. I just don't have a weekend to kill anymore. With my enduros I can jump right down the street, ride for an hour, and still have time to cut my grass.

I don't want to talk myself out of a sale but I think you're way better off with a bike in NJ. I never could find any legal places to ride close by on my Shee and a trip to PA took up the whole weekend. I just don't have a weekend to kill anymore. With my enduros I can jump right down the street, ride for an hour, and still have time to cut my grass.
Every time on my dirtbike looks like my first time.
It's also an rmz 450. So its not legal

Boss man gave me off Monday for President's Day so I talked the wifey into letting me work on the shee this morning instead of going to the farmer's market so I fixed the carb issue. Was just a spec of dirt up near the needle valve. Either way I replaced both needle valves with brand new ones and cleaned everything again. Took her for a spin up the street and she just hums along. Absolutely NO dripping fuel when off. Same great price. I'll fix the brakes next weekend if she doesn't sell. Please see below for the inside of the carb. Squeaky clean and they are 100% great shape and synched! You won't find a better running pair of stockers. Also, just a sampling of my spares. I have about 5 times this in boxes in my attic. Asking $4,200 on Cragslist, so $3,800 really is my bottom dollar and the Banshee HQ special price for those who sent offers. Aside from the rear brakes this bike is in awesome ready to run shape and won't disappoint. I'll even provide my personal cell to the the future owner if any assistance is ever needed. 

kMu1hqC.jpg

mZEAFEQ.jpg