Elka Legacy Series - Anyone have these?

doug

You cannot buy legacy series stage 4 new anymore. The best legacy shock is the stage 3 with rebound option. If you want high/low and rebound the new stage 5 is your only option.

Didn’t know that. The stage 5s are noticeably better than the 4s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

36 minutes ago, tfaith08 said:

Didn’t know that. The stage 5s are noticeably better than the 4s.

Meaning the new stage 4 and 5? I haven't ridden on either of those, only the new stage 3 and old stage 3,4,... It was my understanding the new 5's are the same as the old 4's except slightly lighter due to the aluminum bodies. 

Meaning the new stage 4 and 5? I haven't ridden on either of those, only the new stage 3 and old stage 3,4,... It was my understanding the new 5's are the same as the old 4's except slightly lighter due to the aluminum bodies. 

They have better oil flow from what I understand. Supposed closer to how Axis perform

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys.  Reporting back finally.

- I received and installed the Elka legacy series shocks.  They looked beauty and the quality seemed really high.

- The front shocks did not fit if I had the shock protectors on though.  I paid extra for the protectors and was told that they should be installed.

- The rear shock looked as though it was flat and that bike sank in the rear end.  Clearly a problem.  I had friends take a look to ensure I wasn't wrong.

- The tech support I received from Elka was very poor.  I learned through an email sig. that the tech support I received was from a sales guy.  While trying to convey the issues, I was made to feel like I was in a courtroom defending myself, despite my best efforts to clearly convey the issues I was experiencing.  I even had a good friend, who is quite familiar with aftermarket suspension setups, call and this tech support fella would not even give him the the pressure that the reservoir was supposed to be at for the rear.  The hope was that we could check it and, if needed, send it back and have it "pumped up" or just do it ourselves.

- So, I never used the shocks at all.  I felt that if this is how I was being treated before I even had the suspension setup and install correctly, imagine how I'd be treated if I had a problem in the future.  Not what I expected when blowing $1700CDN on aftermarket suspension.

- I took the suspension off the bike, packed it all back up and returned it.  I'm glad to be out of it.  I reinstalled my factory suspension and was just out for a rip yesterday.  The weather here in Ontario, Canada is still pretty cold.

I hope that this saves someone some time.  I may work up the courage to try this again with another company someday.

15 hours ago, doug said:

Hi Guys.  Reporting back finally.

- I received and installed the Elka legacy series shocks.  They looked beauty and the quality seemed really high.

- The front shocks did not fit if I had the shock protectors on though.  I paid extra for the protectors and was told that they should be installed.

- The rear shock looked as though it was flat and that bike sank in the rear end.  Clearly a problem.  I had friends take a look to ensure I wasn't wrong.

- The tech support I received from Elka was very poor.  I learned through an email sig. that the tech support I received was from a sales guy.  While trying to convey the issues, I was made to feel like I was in a courtroom defending myself, despite my best efforts to clearly convey the issues I was experiencing.  I even had a good friend, who is quite familiar with aftermarket suspension setups, call and this tech support fella would not even give him the the pressure that the reservoir was supposed to be at for the rear.  The hope was that we could check it and, if needed, send it back and have it "pumped up" or just do it ourselves.

- So, I never used the shocks at all.  I felt that if this is how I was being treated before I even had the suspension setup and install correctly, imagine how I'd be treated if I had a problem in the future.  Not what I expected when blowing $1700CDN on aftermarket suspension.

- I took the suspension off the bike, packed it all back up and returned it.  I'm glad to be out of it.  I reinstalled my factory suspension and was just out for a rip yesterday.  The weather here in Ontario, Canada is still pretty cold.

I hope that this saves someone some time.  I may work up the courage to try this again with another company someday.

thats odd.. the customer support ive gotten with them has always been solid  but then again its been a solid 5+ years since ive dealt.. prob some new shit heads running the place now