Excessive white smoke out of right exhaust

I am in need of some banshee help.

My 2001 banshee started to not run right all of a sudden and started to get boggy/power loss during my last ride, i looked back and seen excessive white smoke coming out of my right exhaust.

Here is what i have done so far but the issue still exists.

Motor is stock. I first changed the plugs.

Compression was 140psi each side with very little variance. 

Thought i may have lost or been burning coolant, O rings on cool head were all good.

Rings were ok, Quite noticeably a more brownish colour to right side piston crown though.

Carbs are all good and synced, reeds are good.

What should my next steps be or what are your thoughts.? I am aware i should do a leak down test possibly and it may be the crank seal but i would like to try and get a good idea before i move forward. I have seen this similar issue online recently but never with any resolutions posted.

Appreciate your time.

Just like you said from your research, sounds like pto side crank seal failed and is pulling in trans oil and burning it off hence the excessive smoke. Check trans oil to see if it is low and buy or build a leakdown tester. If it doesn’t hold pressure and there are no external leaks, spray soapy water into the transmission case vent lines to confirm before pulling the clutch cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

did you pull the head off to verify the dome o ring was good on the right side? also are you backing plugs out while riding? I had this exact issue happen and it was a pinched o ring when I re installed my domes.  and it was eating coolant on the right side, same symptoms that you are experiencing.  If you havent slapped it all back together seal them o rings in real good with new ones with grease or vaseline if you can and torque that head to spec 22 lbs 

Edited by Ayesully810