Street Racing Setup

5 minutes ago, gusto said:

I’m wondering without the force of springs wouldn’t a guy be able to take out air, hook up the sway bar and not have the upward force of a spring shock?

It would be equivalent to taking the spring off a normal shock and running it. You wouldn't have anything to support the weight of you or the bike, just ridding around on the bump stops. I've owned three sets of floats and numerous coil shocks and do the service on all them myself. 

Edited by 97Screamer

5 minutes ago, 97Screamer said:

It would be equivalent to taking the spring off a normal shock and running it. You wouldn't have anything to support the weight of you or the bike, just ridding around on the bump stops. I've owned three sets of floats and numerous coil shocks and do the service on all them myself. 

What’s your favourite shock you’ve run? Besides the weight savings shock for shock is a fox better than a spring shock?

What’s your favourite shock you’ve run? Besides the weight savings shock for shock is a fox better than a spring shock?
Floats are my favorite. I don't care about weight, my bikes are all pigs. My ranking out of the shocks I've owned would be Floats, Axis, Elka, Works. I've also heard great things about PEP and Stadium but never owned either.64c95083870fadb3ab4a9298286330fa.jpg

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, 97Screamer said:

Floats are my favorite. I don't care about weight, my bikes are all pigs. My ranking out of the shocks I've owned would be Floats, Axis, Elka, Works. I've also heard great things about PEP and Stadium but never owned either.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

My brother has PEPs on his LT, I like them. 

Will add to this, it doesn't matter which shock you have if they are not set up correctly. A correctly set up works shocks will outshine anything else that is not set up correctly. 

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t know much about how the traction is on pavement as I only ride on ice. An LT front end is definitely best. That way as you’re exiting a corner under power and the front end lifts, your tires can still have contact for turning. My current setup is +3+1 lsr arms. Stock travel pro front shocks. -1 swingarm with stock shock rebuilt w/ pep parts. Have a -2 swingarm coming next week as I get no traction right now and I’m 190lbs. Out can find some of my older videos on YouTube (mhoksch) or Facebook (Mike Hoksch) to see how things handle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk