Street Racing Setup

Both of our 1/4 mile asphalt bikes are setup -1 narrower and +2 Forward plus 14* positive caster.

Don't know what all types of riding you'll be doing but with those specs on stock frame mounting points the geometry is very much for a straight line ride only.

I’ve thought about this. The site owner would know this but I’m wondering if you had DC Pro a arms and Fox air shocks could you take out the air and compress enough for TT then air up the shock for long travel? If you could that would be the ticket. Your going to want to cut weight so LSR hubs would be nice and their swing arm is one of the best.  I would run two rear shocks. Get a stock one (they’re good shocks) re-worked and cut down for flat track.

depending on the class and competition and track length in your area a 421 serval would be the ticket.

if your running against hybrids with street bike engines and long tracks like here in Canada you’d be better off going with a super serval or bigger.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$

And if this bike is strictly for flat track and you would not be using it for nothing else don’t waste money on the LT a arms. I would go through ATV galaxy and get the LSR a arm and axle deal they sell and choose the shock of your choice. I’d consider the +3 a arms 

19 minutes ago, gusto said:

... Fox air shocks could you take out the air and compress enough for TT then air up the shock for long travel?

No. Adjusting the air pressure is equivalent to changing the stiffness of the spring. Every float has one length just like a normal shock. If you run it with too little air it is still that length, just tons of sag and no real damping.

Edited by 97Screamer

2 minutes ago, 97Screamer said:

No. Adjusting the air pressure is equivalent to changing the stiffness of the spring. Every float has one length just like a normal shock. If you run it with too little air it is still that length, just tons of sag and no real damping.

I’m wondering without the force of springs wouldn’t a guy be able to take out air, hook up the sway bar and not have the upward force of a spring shock?

I’m be never had an air shock btw