Smoke out of one pipe

Papalala

Hey, so my banshee is running a t5 exhaust with stock carbs, and it has perfect symmetry in its smoke when at idle. Both pipes have the same amount of smoke coming out at the same time. But then when I start going in the gears, only the left pipe (looking from behind the banshee) has smoke coming out of it. Plus the sound of it changes when it has smoke coming out of one pipe, it seems like the sound of a headers only banshee with no pipes. I checked for any openings between the headers and the pipes but didnt find any, I tried it warm and cold and it didnt work. What could be the problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mods?
Elevation?
Carb specs?
Does it have reasonably similar compression in both cylinders?

T5 with k&n filter stock carbs 280 main jets 25 pilots 3rd needle clip 500ft above sea and i havent really checked the compression in a long time but i dont think its gone down. I left it for a week after it was perfectly fine, then next week I started hearing the weird headers sound and only one pipe smokes.

What's the temperature outside?

I'd pull the carbs apart, probably something stuck in the pilot. I'm a 27.5 pilot guy on about anything that's in that low of elevation, particularly if it's cold out. Some will say your mods aren't going to warrant the 27.5s, but they always worked well on the junk I was around.

What's the temperature outside?

I'd pull the carbs apart, probably something stuck in the pilot. I'm a 27.5 pilot guy on about anything that's in that low of elevation, particularly if it's cold out. Some will say your mods aren't going to warrant the 27.5s, but they always worked well on the junk I was around.

I rode all summer and currently winter. In summer it was almost 30 degrees celsius always, and now in winter it is like 13-20 degrees celsius. Not that cold, but cold enough.

47 minutes ago, Papalala said:

I rode all summer and currently winter. In summer it was almost 30 degrees celsius always, and now in winter it is like 13-20 degrees celsius. Not that cold, but cold enough.

That's your problem, these bikes run best with *F, not *C. In all seriousness though a 27.5 pilot isn't a bad idea but if it idles good and only have a problem on the throttle I doubt its the pilot. Could be a clogged main circuit, bad reed, or low compression. I'd start with the easiest to check and move down the list but my money is on the reed.

17 hours ago, 97Screamer said:

That's your problem, these bikes run best with *F, not *C. In all seriousness though a 27.5 pilot isn't a bad idea but if it idles good and only have a problem on the throttle I doubt its the pilot. Could be a clogged main circuit, bad reed, or low compression. I'd start with the easiest to check and move down the list but my money is on the reed.

Haha, I was too lazy to convert them to F xD. I will check the compression next weekend, hopefully its a small thing.