Alpinestars Belize Drystar Boot

kawa110

I got these boots to try as I felt tired of lugging around full size boots when I would go riding for more then couple hours. I chose these due to being oiled leather, calf height, and price.

They are very “flexible” compared to the mostly plastic construction of boots I have had in the past. The alpinestar tech8 I had were extremely comfortable with the inner bootie after I took them to the “cowboy” clothing store and they worked them on the “boot” machine.

Now the tech8(full mx)offered much more protection vs the Belize(adventure touring).

I like the oiled leather as it is similarly comfortable to work boots. They were easy to clean, i need to reoil or recondition the oil as I SHOULD have pretreated the exteriors with water repellent, my first ride with these boots landed me in lake bed mud country.

The exterior plastic looks good, was easy cleaning, and offers protection. (Couple branches sticking in trail bounced right off, shielded rocks from bikes in front of me.

The hard plastic on outside area of boot is a “slip” hinge. Allows for the ankle flex while reducing ankle twist.

The textured area covering inner tow will prevent wear from the shifter, I like how it is on both boots I feel that this area will not wear from heat/contact with engine.

The heel has a hard exterior plastic guard that I feel is adequate but the toe area offers minimal guard and no composite or steal toe. Minimal protection against “squishing” the foot from toe to heel.

The sole is very nice for walking, climbing, and running(chased my 11 year old nephew). Zero wear in the midsole(peg area). Recessed Nicely and soft to stick to the pegs.

I wore them for around 6.5 hours (first time out).

Very comfortable, feet didn’t feel tired or smashed.

I ended up falling in some slippery lake bed mud, the traction on sole allowed me to get up, I rode across 4-5 water spots at least 6 inch deep on lake bed mud, upper legs got wet, zero water in boots, of course wet around the top cuff area but dry ankles and feet. I was surprised.

Overall I am happy with these boots. They offer the same boot in a standard height(The Corasol I think). The buckles are replaceable. The inner sole is as well. The outer sole is not. I imagine by the time i think the outer sole is no good the leather will either be dried out or the boots will smell so bad they will need replaced anyway.

I got them from chaparral Motorsport. I wear a 10.5wide in normal boots and shoes. I got these in a 11 and they are plenty wide enough and not too loose either. Some slight wear on the inner ankle area rubbing frame. One of the buckles “bashed” a rock but protected me.

229384e015c8982507324d92f457d9c6.jpgd22c319f68b963b71d4fe35f7e0b1ae0.jpgebc76ce419aa2a83fbabe882e90bbab0.jpg387a7a4a9ba8ee21d37037cc39fbf3f8.jpgd3dfcf559ac539bdfce5cb6af9c3f8bb.jpg2f0518d161c5fd4c721ef4f3d43454b9.jpgfe409584f851283135a5e22887a0a1e2.jpg7634d451a93f92be236a1d43c3aa59ac.jpg3702137be8f814d460a639d705ab6308.jpg512eaf261c0ab21c13fbb7f48da9b0ab.jpg

I liked the general overall “feel”

I was able to “notice” sooner when I would be interfering with either the brake or shifter controls.

I had ”in boot” riding pants. I rinsed mud with water bottle before I remembered to take mud pics.

Still need to ride the banshee with them.***

I have always hated boots hence trying the half boot.

Boots are a must on a bike. I know I have hurt my foot when I shouldn’t have been wearing my vans.

The quad is different as far as the foot shouldn’t contact the ground as riding a bike does. But still no excuse for not wearing “some kind of protection”
Trust me I’ve done more riding in vans then any boots. May as well have been wearing flip flops(won’t catch me in crocs) if safety was concerned.

20 hours ago, kawa110 said:

I have always hated boots hence trying the half boot.

Boots are a must on a bike. I know I have hurt my foot when I shouldn’t have been wearing my vans.

The quad is different as far as the foot shouldn’t contact the ground as riding a bike does. But still no excuse for not wearing “some kind of protection”
Trust me I’ve done more riding in vans then any boots. May as well have been wearing flip flops(won’t catch me in crocs) if safety was concerned.

yeah i wear timberlands now they are good, no more tennis shoes lol crocs 

babin where you at? 

Buddy of mine was wearing work boots on his quad when we were younger. He wrecked doing a wheelie on the road and broke his ankle in 16 places, if it breaks again it gets amputated so he no longer rides. I wear mx boots all the time because of that fwiw.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk