Stainless steel bolts too long?

Banshee802

Yeah I figured something out. Put a die on the threads,shaved some extra metal off the ends, then backed the die off to clean them back up. All of them fit now besides the one next to shift shaft but that’s a case issue not bolt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Banshee802 said:

Now that I have that figured out, I need some help with that coolant leak and airbox setup. Should I start a new thread for each or is here fine? Ty

you could need a new water pump/ oil seal. could be letting coolant into the tranny oil.  have you changed your tranny oil yet and seen coolant in there?  

Edited by Ayesully810

37 minutes ago, Banshee802 said:

Whole motors brand new. Everything got replaced

now that I look at it, that cant be it because oil and coolant would be mixing in there and it wouldnt leak JUST coolant then.  and I cant tell, but is it perhaps leaking from the pump cover where the drain is and running down by the oil vent?  bc that would better explain it, prolly isnt sealing there, tighten those bolts down or drain the coolant take the cover off and re seal it. 

Edited by Ayesully810

now that I look at it, that cant be it because oil and coolant would be mixing in there and it wouldnt leak JUST coolant then.  and I cant tell, but is it perhaps leaking from the pump cover where the drain is and running down by the oil vent?  bc that would better explain it, prolly isnt sealing there, tighten those bolts down or drain the coolant take the cover off and re seal it. 

Not sure what you mean by pump cover drain. I’m pretty sure it’s not leaking around the pump cover I checked that multiple times and it was dry. Bikes at home right now so I go play with it more on Friday. Also got to break in the engine still lol

there is a cover that hold all your coolant in the motor, its the small shiny thing with the phillips heads screws holding it on. outside of those things idk what it would be. maybe its not leaking now but it did at one point. start it up and see what happens then. 

there is a cover that hold all your coolant in the motor, its the small shiny thing with the phillips heads screws holding it on. outside of those things idk what it would be. maybe its not leaking now but it did at one point. start it up and see what happens then. 

Yeah the cover that conceals the water pump propeller. Used a brand new gasket on that and checked to make sure it wasn’t leaking. Maybe it does when the engine is running idk. I’ll check it out Friday and post back.