Beed drag gearing & setup advice

This old banshee

3 hours ago, ZillaFreak said:

Did I just read this correctly? A stock quadzilla has you by 8 bikes by 3rd gear? Holy fuck your engine is running like shit.

No Dood.  You read that incorrectly .😰 The Quadzilla was the 1st time he's ridden it ,he installed the carb and new throttle right there on the beach, then bought a set of paddles if a 250R so he could ride it.  Lol

It's no drag bike, but it was the fastest quad there over a 4 day period.

Heres what I know 

1.) Said to be 555cc stroker/bigbore (unconfirmed) it's never been opened he just bought it.

2 ) Brand new Dr Q pipe.

3.) Brand new Dr Q pistion and top end custom I ringed head. (He doesn't know his specs either. .lol)

4 ) If I remember correctly it's a 41mm Lectron

That's all I know, other than it's fun as fuck ..it's like a hydro in water ready to take flight...wheelies at will.

3 hours ago, ZillaFreak said:

Did I just read this correctly? A stock quadzilla has you by 8 bikes by 3rd gear? Holy fuck your engine is running like shit.

No Dood.  You read that incorrectly .😰 The Quadzilla was the 1st time he's ridden it ,he installed the carb and new throttle right there on the beach, then bought a set of paddles if a 250R so he could ride it.  Lol

It's no drag bike, but it was the fastest quad there over a 4 day period.

Heres what I know 

1.) Said to be 555cc stroker/bigbore (unconfirmed) it's never been opened he just bought it.

2 ) Brand new Dr Q pipe.

3.) Brand new Dr Q pistion and top end custom I ringed head. (He doesn't know his specs either. .lol)

4 ) If I remember correctly it's a 41mm Lectron

That's all I know, other than it's fun as fuck ..it's like a hydro in water ready to take flight...wheelies at will.

IMG_20180726_10959.jpg

IMG_20180726_1641.jpg

4 hours ago, kawa110 said:

Ever ride Johnson valley or Sunfair lake bed, or Giant rock?

When I bought this Banshee it's the first place I rode to I live about 5 minutes from there at a good fast clip. That's when the bike blew up...lol 4 months ago. I have not been to Johnson Valley but I'm looking forward to it all my new friends up here are all 2 wheel dirtbike guy and girls w vintage bikes... but they said if I buy beer they'll let me ride with them.... haha

I need practice and safety gear I've been off performance dirtbikes for a long time

IMG_20180726_4563.jpg

Edited by This old banshee

That would be, a Google text error, It's in referance to having a all stock factory length swing arm.

Also  it's common knowledge a stock LT500 Quadzilla is faster than a stock Banshee,  it certainly would not not quicker than a well tuned 4mm Banshee ..such as mine😉😁

Although..my old friend brought this Quadzilla to the gunfight and that yellow thing is a beast.. all things being equal. .lol  He told the guy to make his bike as fast as a Chettah powered Banshee, well Dr  Q apparantly delivered.

That bike Bitch slapped 2 dozen challengers on Banshees (There were NO  drag Banshees there)and two really fast turbo/nitrous UTVs that easily beat all the quads, guy even had his wife n kid sitting in cab with him.... laughing their asses off. I've never been around a QuadZilla...well I can now attest to the fact there darned strong machine...no doubt. 

Just the fact that once he's out on me, I didn't  lose ground, but appeared to be catching him around 5-6gear?  Im still happy w my bike.. it's the Banshee I've  always wanted. We won't know till November. Till we each work the bugs out if our bikes, but being  at a 115 cc disadvantage riding a desert racer vs a rocket..I wouldn't be surprised if the results are the same, however it's my friends 400cc Chettah I'm interested in equalling or beating... he's the guy with the target on his back...lol 

Switch to cpis or shearers and have your port work re worked by someone for more top end 

up your compression with a good dome design and timing to run 110

fix clutch

good tune 

- no reason why you cant be out front of Dr q or that cheetah or equal

Edited by Ayesully810

Hey thanks all for the replies that actually pertained to my question..it's fairly simple, not rocket science😉.

I'm totally not interested in reconfiguring to motor. It's really strong as aggesive MX /Trail bike..and kinda does it all within reason. For me it's perfect I can make adjustments... I have the technology!!!

My questions were kinda specific. Regarding gearing, pipes and tires. After 20+ posts there's no real help here except for a couple.

I'm just going to stick with what I know..I'll buy a Xtra set of  Shearer drag pipes as they 100% are designed to work on a wide range of  +4 etc..bikes,regardless of average setup changes. This I confirmed with the man in the know.

One specific I had with the builder I said make it the fastest Trail MX bikes bordering on the edge of being usable where I need it. I think pushing 70 horsepower and 40 lb of torque is as much as I could ask for frankly I was kind of surprised I expected this to be in the high 50s low 60s. 

This I knew already but was looking for reinforecment..lol. 

Gearing I'll do a equivelant to a 13 front with new sprockets,/chain set , I'll swap em out just for the match up..lol 

Paddles...I received no input..so I  think I will stay with these 20" 8 paddles...on a stock  length swingarm. The way this bike is set up, while not optimal,  it's very hard to wheelie which is good.. its jumps and lands pretty damn good... but I don't have anything but my friends bikes to judge it by and each of those bikes are totally different from mine.

The bikes is  WAY faster than it was before it's not even close. it's a handful to hold onto its second and third especially going over slight jumps oh yeahIt's exactly what I wanted, I'll do the above changes and that will gain me a few bikes or more, combined with my new clutch I feel I'll be in the mix.

I'm close already..and I can ride my quad anywhere as is, if I chan ge my porting/Swingarm length etc.. I'll turn it into something I can't enjoy for my primary riding style.

Next I talked about this motor I will have all the information as far as Port timing sqish ,dome et cetera..

Thanks again, to those whom helped and meant well. 👍

4 hours ago, specialblend07 said:

Shearers on an MX bike port bike?

I’m confused.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No worries amingo👍

This is a fairly aggressive MX port. I spoke with the builder and Shearer regarding this. The two are familiar with each other. For what I want, I'm told it will work exactly as I want with what I have. only minor jetting changes.

When I bought the bike I got all the previous owners pipes . I have a set of 1.) Paul Turner mid range. 2.) Toomey T-5 and another I forgot ..might be a Pro Circuit ? The Toomeys are a resonably high rev pipe, I'll play around with them with roll ons around my house with some friends, I already know there better for drag racing than the FMF Fatties I have on it, so a set of SBIF ..will be just the ticket. 

While my engine is not a dedicated drag motor it makes enough tourqe. All I need is my 4 bikes.. just for the month of November, so I can expect my bike to be as fast I can get it as it's (currently configured) ..that's all I'm after next. I can convert over in a afternoon. 

What could go wrong ...I'm an engineer by trade ...lol  NO comnents🤣🙄😬

On 7/28/2018 at 8:40 AM, kawa110 said:

Want to sell me the Paul turner pipes?

My friend is building a bike for his son, I kinda committed to giving him the P.T.s He's always wanted a set and since there not made anymore..he seemed pretty committed?

If he decides different, you will be the  person I contact.

The 3rd set are hammered from desert races, the Toomeys I want to keep, I have small expansion chamber collection of pipe sets for RDs,/RZs,Kawi Triples,old bikes in general Bassani,DG,Toomey,Moto Carrera,FFPs etc.. wall decorations..there like cheap art to me..but not for sale. 

Thanks for your, input and welcoming. I think you offered advice when my motor blew or the shift shaft was moving.

Thanks again👍