Beed drag gearing & setup advice

This old banshee

12 hours ago, n2otoofast4u said:

541-367-2453

Call that number, get out credit card, send bike there, he will run your card when completed, and send bike back. This is the ONLY way you are going to be successful at your goals. Your ignorance and lack of clues will prevent you from succeeding otherwise. Welcome to the bangshee game, it's an expensive game to play.

Dude dude dude?

Did it ever occur to you that I contacted Redline?  They possibly could have built my motor.. there were three equally good builders on my shortlist.

Your comments regarding ignorance and cluelessness frankly are unwelcoming and unappreciated. If you were just talking s***that's cool ✌️sometimes it doesn't translate that way...😉

Its clearly stated several tines exactly what I am going after. NOT a "dedicated" drag bike..just a convertible bike to good off with my friends.  I know enough about motors racing and machines, to get me 80% of the way through most of my projects the other 20% I leave for the experts, their help is invaluable!

I was just asking for basic advice/ pointers to reinforce/confirm my thoughts of what I needed to do.

Seriously if after installing a new  clutch changing my domes, pipes,gearing if I cannot pick up 4 bike lengths with that I'll be a monkey's uncle!

Hell.... I might even be there after just doing the clutch! 

There is no need for me to spend money to have my thought out motor built twice when it is a versatile motor with minor changes for what I want out of it when I go with my friends to drag race amongst each other.

It is no different than taking my street cars or street bikes to the drags and setting them up appropriately and then changing them back.... same principle ....same results👍

I'm totally confident as are others that I will easily get where I want to be with this.. it's almost a no-brainer.

Again thanks to those who contributed with realistic answers and tips and thank you! for the Hauler Extremes (You Know Who You Are) they are most appreciated.!

Well, judging by the fact you're losing to multiple other bikes, maybe Redline would have been the better choice.

Cam is probably the top for building applications like yours. Guys want to drag every so often, but also play. A serval would have probably been a good choice for you, I'm sure he would have recommended that as well.

Either way, good luck with whatever you decide.

On 7/31/2018 at 1:23 PM, This old banshee said:

confirm my thoughts of what I needed to do.

not trying to be rude but next time just write a shorter thread with shorter and to the point responses because I could have never gathered that ^ from what you were posting.  It will also save you from people commenting being smart asses so you will get more effective answers off the bat

Edited by Ayesully810

27 minutes ago, SandSlingerOR said:

I was bored at home and read this whole thing. 

No wonder those other quads beat you ur shee is really heavy looking. Time to put it on a diet. 

Oh it's HEAVY alright . I had 6 gallons of fuel in her too. 36 lbs fuel load! 🙄 That totals over 40lbs of fluids..YIKES. plus I'm carrying a fairly large battery in the nose .

I see I can drop 30 lbs maybye 40.

2 hours ago, Ayesully810 said:

not trying to be rude but next time just write a shorter thread with shorter and to the point responses because I could have never gathered that ^ from what you were posting.  It will also save you from people commenting being smart asses so you will get more effective answers off the bat

Thanks for your time,and hanging in there👍 

Point taken and I'm well aware of it. I work in a field where every single possible ounce of information needs to be known hence my propensity, for novelas..lol

*Frankly.. I'll try to keep things more direct but don't be surprised if I sonetimes fail in that regard...lol

To those that find long posts irritating and can't stomach listening to another...   Simplest Solution Ever !  Just don't read them. It's like watching Fox News or CNN why let yourself get pissed off.   just walk away.

22 hours ago, #1JUANstunna said:

Going to have to check the IP address but I’m going to say you’re correct from the novels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22 hours ago, kawa110 said:

Don’t delete anything...

What's Windycityjohn?

And why would anything be deleted? Unless someone posted something negative or against forum rules. From what I've read,  I think all here have kept it pretty civil. 

On 7/31/2018 at 10:58 AM, specialblend07 said:

Well, judging by the fact you're losing to multiple other bikes, maybe Redline would have been the better choice.

Cam is probably the top for building applications like yours. Guys want to drag every so often, but also play. A serval would have probably been a good choice for you, I'm sure he would have recommended that as well.

Either way, good luck with whatever you decide.

No I'm well aware if what he can do. I do my research and homework best I can 🙄

I specifically wanted stock cylinders on this. You are correct in the opinion, mine too that the Serval is the optimum choice in these bikes for a bike that can deliver Earth pounding torque down low and where it's needed in the mid-range. Frankly it's total overkill for me,  I cannot handle that ..way too much power for me at my age in the dirt..

I'm thinking of a Serval based setup in my RZ350 track bike. Tony from TDR here is a long collaborator on the RZ big bores, he's currently fielding a team of RZ 350 s in 421cc & 443cc in his racebikes. And another gentleman I"ve spoken to is a multi time Regional and National Champion running Cheetah cylinders. 

But I'm kind of hell bent on keeping my power valves so a 4 mil on stock cylinders is my limit a 7 mil with YPVS cylinders is doable but very difficult and reliability is very questionable.

The SERVAL is the most practical solution ! As it delivers mid-range where is a Cheetah has a huge gaping hole in the power Band.. cheetah in my opinion you're asking for some vicious (Send me to the Moon) High sides... As the Power Band is light switch you can double your horsepower and 1500 RPMs.

On the Banshee though if I get bored with this (not likley)  It will definitely be a Serval.

Idc if you write novels or not will just make it easier for you to get the help you need. most the people here that are knowledge enough to help you only need so much info. like if i had a jetting question because my bike is running too lean, instead of writing a whole paragrah with every detail, i could say

"bike starts hard when cold and bogs in the mid range. ported cub on race fuel 35 pwks 158, 48, cel mid 2 turns out"

and they will know what that means.  just a suggestion bc most people arent going to read all that lol 

7 hours ago, n2otoofast4u said:

One question.

Are you an engineer by title?

The only engineer he could be is custodial. He can't even answer the simple question of who did the porting on his engine. And lets not touch on the lack of basic spelling or grammar.