Powdercoating options

SeanC7

What's up guys,

Looking for some opinions and suggestions.

I'm looking to start a new build and want to customize every part of the bike starting with frame color schemes.

I was thinking like a gunmetal grey with the red plastics with black accents.

Almost like a redline edition silverado color scheme.

My issue is if I paint the frame gray, it almost would look stock. If I paint the frame red, it will have too much red with the plastics. Black is an option and going grey on shocks and stuff like that.

What do you guys think?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Gun metal should be darker than OEM silver. 
By black accents, what would be the accents.

Yamaha_Banshee_350_2006_ATV-07.jpg
Wow very similar to that....scary you are spot on man.

After that it's really hard to say because that's almost identical to what I want. Maybe black wheels and red hubs? Or black bumper? Small accents like that. Maybe even powder coating the frame to have red sparkles in the gunmetal?

Just have a solid plan before you start. Make sure you know what you would like to do on each part before you start.
What would you suggest. Those plastics are exactly what I want along with the overall color scheme. Theres really not a huge benefit of powdercoating silver grey gunmetalish. As far as the little things like shocks, they look good in black. Maybe PC the axle black since grey will look stock, a arms red and carrier red..

You can do a lot with the frame. Gunmetal with some red flakes would pop. Same with swingarm.

Maybe do black lower arms and red uppers. Don't forget the stem, hubs, grab bar, bumper, etc. The little pieces, levers, covers, engine, etc. Just try to think over everything before you start.

Also, the seat can really make a color scheme come together. Not sure if CSL still makes cover, but he can get you a nice one.

• Like 1

You can do a lot with the frame. Gunmetal with some red flakes would pop. Same with swingarm.
Maybe do black lower arms and red uppers. Don't forget the stem, hubs, grab bar, bumper, etc. The little pieces, levers, covers, engine, etc. Just try to think over everything before you start.
Also, the seat can really make a color scheme come together. Not sure if CSL still makes cover, but he can get you a nice one.
True that man, thanks as always you are a legend!

Thanks im happy with it and matches well with new front end currently installing. Depending on the light frame looks a light( back of pickup) siver to dark grey. It is a textured powdercoat with a coat of clear powder.

Looks awesome! I probably would have done the hubs in red but that's basically the scheme I'm looking for, hows the frame look in person?

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Thanks im happy with it and matches well with new front end currently installing. Depending on the light frame looks a light( back of pickup) siver to dark grey. It is a textured powdercoat with a coat of clear powder.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Congrats man looks great