Clutch spring rates

theputz

• 2 months later...
34 minutes ago, Tedder said:

Like father like son. We only need to tilt far enough to keep the trans oil from leaking out when the cover is opened. Coming into the pits we do shut off our Pingles to lower the fuel levels      

Like father like son - Iowa 2008 photo 100_5204.jpg

Do you need to drain coolant when you take the side over off? I have a stock cover slingshot lock up 

We have arm style lockups and old school OEM covers done by Direct Drive 

If removing the entire cover then yes the coolant needs drained but for just making changes to the arm weight or tower springs (Multi-stage) and clutch plates then no - There's an outer piece to the cover that comes off and gives access to all that. You can see it laying under both bikes in the picture.    

49 minutes ago, Tedder said:

We have arm style lockups and old school OEM covers done by Direct Drive 

If removing the entire cover then yes the coolant needs drained but for just making changes to the arm weight or tower springs (Multi-stage) and clutch plates then no - There's an outer piece to the cover that comes off and gives access to all that. You can see it laying under both bikes in the picture.    

yeah i knew about that i just didnt know if the coolant would all stay in if it was tipped to the side too