ek hatchhh

First Banshee - 2006 LE

27 minutes ago, ek hatchhh said:

Hey gang can I get a recommendation on wheels?  What’s the difference with 3+2 vs 4+1 offset?

An inch of Offset. 3+2 means 2" from hub face to outside of rim, and 3" from hub face to inside of rim. I would say get 4+1 as it put the center of the rim closer to the center of the turning axis of the rim.

Thanks for the reply ZillaFreak! I've seen both recommended I feel like.

from other threads:

On February 14, 2006 at 9:07 PM, Meat said:

it could be his rim's offset that is widenin' the front end, and not wheel spacers. I think most, if not all LT front ends request 4:1 front wheel offset. The 4:1 rims combat bump steer better than other offsets can.

"That's a nice 'shee but I can't see it handling worth a fuck on 2+3 offset in the braking bumps..... Put some 4+1's on there and it'll be on rails.....

Mike"

On March 5, 2013 at 7:59 AM, nastyracing said:

DEFIENTLY go +1 forward . As far as plus 2 or 3 . Honestly I went plus 3 second time around n wish went plus two. With plus to u want to run 3/2 offset wheel also same as factory offset. +3 u need a 4/1 offset wheel for front end to ride correctly wheels aren't cheap and harder to find then most offsets. 3/2 wheel on +3 rides like dog shit horrible bump steer and bouncing back and forth side to side aka to wide. I'm still waiting to put correct wheel on front my bike have to pick them up. But most say a +3 w 4/1 offset wheel bringing the wheel all the way close to ball joint allows for better turning and less bump steer. Thruthfuly they are the same when correct offset wheel is being used for which ever. Hope this helps.

Edited by ek hatchhh

Yes, +4+1 will handle better. I'd take some measurements or check with Roll and make sure they will clear, some arms have clearance issues with +4+1 and the upper arm at full extension.

19 hours ago, 97Screamer said:

Yes, +4+1 will handle better. I'd take some measurements or check with Roll and make sure they will clear, some arms have clearance issues with +4+1 and the upper arm at full extension.

I didn’t consider any rubbing issues, thanks Ben!

• Like 1

I guess when you upload a video straight from your phone to YouTube this is the quality you get. Anyway glad to report the Banshee is all put back together. It’s taken me a couple months because winters been pretty cold but had some decent weather and time the other day and got it going.  Still have a lot of playing to do with the Floats.

Edited by ek hatchhh

Got an even better deal on some 450 fronts to cruise on. 

I must be getting old, I think I'm officially Team not-cut-the-front-fenders

46311122665_fc6571ae83_b.jpg

33349826588_c0b107c57b_b.jpg

33349829068_81df94049f_b.jpg

46311118455_e83e32a5f1_b.jpg

Don't worry they're two different fenders

Edited by ek hatchhh

Curious to know how you use the controls...

Another person has come back to the forum who has a throttle on the left side of bars.

On 4/9/2019 at 12:46 PM, kawa110 said:

Very nice.

Stay out of the water, that mud is extremely hard to clean off and is usually old and stagnit

Tell me about it! I walked up to the edge to pick up a rock to throw and started sliding like it’s ice. No way in hellll I’d ever get that funk on the banch!

On 4/9/2019 at 12:48 PM, kawa110 said:

Curious to know how you use the controls...

Another person has come back to the forum who has a throttle on the left side of bars.

Nothing is changed on my controls. Grew up out in that desert riding dirt bike and quads etc. I’ll have to post a good vid. I can use my arm to pull the clutch like you would with fingers.

On 4/9/2019 at 11:44 PM, SandSlingerOR said:

Looks great with full fenders and black rims!

Thanks! I have some nice black wheels going on soon.  

X001.jpg

Edited by ek hatchhh