Help

So I got it all back together today I upped the jets to 290s before it had I little lag before powerband that seem to help but only when I take air box lid off I don’t rly like this idea cause I do a lot of trail riding and it gets dusty it’s still got a tiny lag to it idk what to do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You will be just fine with no air box lid. Plenty of us trail ride with no air box and pods with zero issues. Aside from that I assume by "lag" you mean its rich and blubbery in the the mid range area, try dropping your needles 1 groove

You will be just fine with no air box lid. Plenty of us trail ride with no air box and pods with zero issues. Aside from that I assume by "lag" you mean its rich and blubbery in the the mid range area, try dropping your needles 1 groove

Ok so by dropping needle u mean move clip up on from the middle where I have it

So I’m still having that problem even with the needle down one this is the same problem I had last year and could not figure it out I thought maybe up in the jet from a 200 to a 290 would fix the problem I think runs a tiny bit better but I still have that lag Everyone that has wrote it said it’s nasty and to leave it alone but to me when you fI’ll throttle it it cuts out for a split second and then it’s like hitting nice and it just takes off I really wish I could fix this problem and I think it would be perfect could it be my reads?

Okay..... Jumping from 200 to 290 jetting is a hell of a jump unless you did anything else to the bike. 

So let's start like this.....

What is done to your bike? 

What's your elevation and temp?

What is your current jetting/carb settings?

So there is a jetting forum which can usually get more info from more reliable people. Not saying you won't get reliable info in this section, but sometimes the more experienced will only look in specific sections. 

Okay..... Jumping from 200 to 290 jetting is a hell of a jump unless you did anything else to the bike. 
So let's start like this.....
What is done to your bike? 
What's your elevation and temp?
What is your current jetting/carb settings?

So there is a jetting forum which can usually get more info from more reliable people. Not saying you won't get reliable info in this section, but sometimes the more experienced will only look in specific sections. 

Stock motor 290Jets 27.5 pilots FMF exhaust and I don’t know the elevation I live in Wellsville New YorkNow the deal is when I for throttle it dogs before power band if I slowly let the RPMs get up and then floor it it drives fine I just cannot full throttle it so what’s the deal oh yeah my needles at the second notch up from the bottom

your elevation is 1500 asl
I would put in a stock pilot with the air screw 1 to 1.5 turns out  like i suggested on your last thread, and put your needle in the middle and try it

I’ll go back to that and let you know how it goes

Were it me I would only change one thing at a time. I'd leave the pilot for now, if you look at the thread "What Jets are you running" you'll see almost EVERY setup uses a 27.5 minimum. I'd richen the needle one notch and try that. If no go, go back to original setting and try enrichening the air screws.

"Fine" tuning can be a real head scratcher because ALL setups are different even if identical, and no one can tell you unless they were right there.

Were it me I would only change one thing at a time. I'd leave the pilot for now, if you look at the thread "What Jets are you running" you'll see almost EVERY setup uses a 27.5 minimum. I'd richen the needle one notch and try that. If no go, go back to original setting and try enrichening the air screws.
"Fine" tuning can be a real head scratcher because ALL setups are different even if identical, and no one can tell you unless they were right there.

You are right and I have done mostly everything you’re saying and it has not changed I think I’m going to adjust the air screws first and see if that helps if not then I’m gonna throw stock pilots back inAnd see if that helps and if that don’t help then I don’t know probably sell the fucking thing I’m sick of messing around with it I’ve been trying to figure this out for over a year now and I’ve tried everything

If it's just mid range you're close and don't have a electrical problem.

Yeah I don’t know if feels so close just seems like everything I change does not help but I have not adjusted the air screws maybe that’s the problem or maybe the pilots idk whatever’s making it dog when u full throttle for few seconds then hits power band

23 minutes ago, Larry's Shee said:

first page is 5 different setups with stock pilots and i didnt even scroll the whole page. just saying. 

first page is 5 different setups with stock pilots and i didnt even scroll the whole page. just saying. 

Yeah cause I’ve been doing all the stuff that people of been telling me and it is not working the only thing I have left to do is adjust the air screws in the pilot after that there’s really not much I can do at least not that I know of but if you want to know what’s in there right now it is stock motor 27.5 pilots 290 mains air box lid off needle at 2nd notch up from bottom and 32-1 gas fmf Exhaust