Lots of carbon

Ok I got a coolhead 21cc domes, and pro stock pistons, I tried to start her and the right cylinder backfired had to roll start her , lots of like carbon and gunk inside on the domes and carbon on pistons, my idle screw fell out somehow would that have cause it I ordered a new one and put it in

On 5/12/2018 at 3:50 PM, yamashee02 said:

Klotz 32 to 1 93 octane

I wish I had an answer for you. I run Klotz R50 and don’t have an issue. Iv ran SuperTechniplate and it wasn’t terrible. Iv never ran Klotz Benol but would assume it would be a little dirtier. Sounds like you aren’t burning all your fuel. Or your jetting is a little rich. You could also run less oil in your mix. And then jet accordingly. 32:1 is pretty oil heavy. I personally run 40:1 on r50 which is full synthetic and I know a ton of people on here would still say that is a lot of oil. Personally it makes me feel safe so that’s how I run it. You can get away with a higher ratio depending on the quality of your mix. If you don’t like the idea of thinning your ratio, I would check spark intensity and a possible rich jetting condition.

Well I'm running a br8es plug but my uncle told me.to try and take the timing back from +4 to.0 well when I check it out looked like my cousin who put it on there for me while I was at work put it on plus 7 may have just been 6, ran the bike all day that day and it ran great but now it' a bitch to start and when it does the right exhaust is backfiring I put it back down to plus 4 thinking that would help it start but it  still a bitch to start her actually haven't even got it started back at plus 4 got aggravated and had to quit for the day

27 minutes ago, Larry's Shee said:

Factory owners manual actually calls for 20:1 break in, 24:1 after. I run 28:1 no problems.

What plug are you running?

Spark should be fat blue not lazy yellow. Do a plug chop.

I knew I’d get a little heat on ratio... such a widely debated topic. Iv seen a ton of different ratios, I feel it’s a preference thing. Didn’t mean pull the thread off topic... Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but won’t a non resistor spark plug have a stronger spark? This may help a bit. B8ES 

Won't kick start but it will push start.........do a compression test! My guess is your running real low.

Last time I've seen a 2 stroke that will only push start was when it was down to 90psi compression......it would run, but only start by being pushed.

You ideally want to see 120 or more depending on a few things with your motor and elevation. Also you want both cylinders to be within 10% of each other in terms of compression.