Flywheel lapping

Just color the end of your crank with a fat sharpie. It leaves color just like you want, is easier than bluing it lay out die to find, and almost everyone has it around their house. Sharpie, then lap with lapping compound, wipe carefully to see where sharpie still is and continue until 90% of sharpie gets removed during lapping.

Then just clean the stuff all good.....

While these are high strung motors that are incredible....... They are a far cry from a NASA space shuttle...... They will take some abuse from "not so perfect engine builders"

18 hours ago, Jereme6655 said:

Just color the end of your crank with a fat sharpie. It leaves color just like you want, is easier than bluing it lay out die to find, and almost everyone has it around their house. Sharpie, then lap with lapping compound, wipe carefully to see where sharpie still is and continue until 90% of sharpie gets removed during lapping.

Then just clean the stuff all good.....

While these are high strung motors that are incredible....... They are a far cry from a NASA space shuttle...... They will take some abuse from "not so perfect engine builders"

Yea... I’ll give that technique a go. I don’t know how it even happens in the first place. Dyno sessions.... then put it under real world conditions/load and it happens. Oh and on a vacation. It’s my luck. And yes... nut was torqued to spec. I even added a few lbs to the torque wrench to account for the mere fact that it’s a harbor frieght wrench. Needless to say, I’m more than willing to take the extra time to make sure it’s right.