Paddle choice

Iv done searching and reading old threads and I’m not sure I found the info I was looking for. Iv got a 421 Serval, +4 swingarm, gearing 3.0 (14-43). I was running 22x11x10 10 paddle. It was too much paddle. Boggy until I reached speed on the dunes. I was running 15-42 gearing on those tires. (Sand was also damp on the particular day I was trying them) Keep in mind, this is a play bike, so I like the 10in wheel look and rollout isn’t my main concern. I would think 20x10x10 9 paddle extremes would work great for my application, but want to verify before I spend the money again. 8 seems too little but I’d like to hear suggestions.

Iv done searching and reading old threads and I’m not sure I found the info I was looking for. Iv got a 421 Serval, +4 swingarm, gearing 3.0 (14-43). I was running 22x11x10 10 paddle. It was too much paddle. Boggy until I reached speed on the dunes. I was running 15-42 gearing on those tires. (Sand was also damp on the particular day I was trying them) Keep in mind, this is a play bike, so I like the 10in wheel look and rollout isn’t my main concern. I would think 20x10x10 9 paddle extremes would work great for my application, but want to verify before I spend the money again. 8 seems too little but I’d like to hear suggestions.

I got 10 paddle extremes on my 421 ported pump gas serval and it does fine. +4 arm 14/44 gear. Damp sand will put that much more of a load on the motor. Combine that with some higher gearing and it will seem like a dog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, bluebanshee98 said:

I got 10 paddle extremes on my 421 ported pump gas serval and it does fine. +4 arm 14/44 gear. Damp sand will put that much more of a load on the motor. Combine that with some higher gearing and it will seem like a dog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea I know that the sand was part of the issue.. are you on 22’s? My new gearing will be about the same as what you are running and should help a bit.

I had 22x10x8 extremes (on bead locks), too much paddle for the stock engine, just right for the 74 hp drag ported, stock stroke, stock cylinder engine

I have a 421 cub with +4 swingarm 14/44 gearing and 21x12x8 10 paddle extremes.  Last time I went to the dunes the sand was damp (Winchester Bay OR) which made it easy to get bogged down.  Every once in a while I have too much traction when I'm on a steep hill climb in a low gear mostly because the power comes on so hard that the front wheels shoot for the sky, but just about right most of the time.

I also have a pair of 21x12x8 9 paddle extremes that I now run on my YFZ450.  They were a great tire too.  Just a hair more wheel spin.  Probably actually more duneable for playing around.

1 hour ago, 87sheerips said:

I am not reading any of above.  Padla brat or nothing.

Wtf man.... here I think Iv got things figured out and you have to make me second guess. I’m liking the idea. Still 9 paddle? And also wondering if comp cut is okay piddling around on LS pavement on the way to the gate. And is sand tires unlimited the only place to buy from?

Edited by BlackandYellowBanshee

3 hours ago, BlackandYellowBanshee said:

Negative. Little pricier. $210 a tire. But I also got them comp cut which I’d assume adds to the price. 

very cool. you gunna love em.  If your just piddling around on pavement your good as long as your slugging it around.  they are SUPER light and buffed down pretty drastically.  I air mine to 4 lbs