Jetting help (startpoint)

Mods 

40 over, t5 pipes, stock carbs with pods, boysen reeds, dune play port from hjr, compression 135 has about two hrs on new motor.

elevation around 1100 temps are around 60 degrees

I ran 350s last weekend in 50 degree temps ran decent, just looking for input what someone else is running with similar mods. 

66mm Full drag port, cool head, vf-2, toomey pipes and needle, stock carbs (before I got my 35mm pwk's) 340 mains, 30 pilot, needle 2 clips from bottom 25-60 degrees at glamis, ran great.

get bigger carbs and slp's, cpi's, or shearer pipes. you will like the difference.

• 2 weeks later...

Toy breaker question for you when you say 2clips from bottom is that the blunt end or point end been having issues with mine with 30 pilot needle on 4th clip or second down from blunt end. Won’t run decent down low with those settings unless air screws are almost seated 

• 1 month later...

I have fmf gnarley's with pro design billet air filter mount and pro design air filter with the stock lid no snorkel and holes in it, im at 5000 foot elevation, what jetting do you guys think I should be running? I called fmf they said for sea level 160 main 30 pilot, stock needle in third groove and 1.5 turns out on air screw, im at 180 main, 27.5 pilot, 5n7 needle im not sure if its stock, in the middle position and 2 turns out, I think its getting too much fuel and it feels like its sputtering or feels like a rev limiter when I rev it hard on really long straits.. I was thinking about running 170 main and 27.5 pilot and 1 3/4 out on air screw its been 80-85 in the mornings with the highs at 105 im In central az in the mountains at 5000 feet

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I went down to 260 mains middle clip on needle and I tryed to order 25 pilots but they were wrong so I guess I have to get them from Yamaha direct. Side not she will start on first kick now and actually runs in both cylinders now th right side was cutting out really bad. I’m 1 1/2 turns out on air screw I also repacked the t-5 silencers my pipes sound like shit like there cracked my fmf pipes sound way better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk