SUSPENSION QUESTION

ZIGGYBAM

When i bought my bike it had(s) full flight a arms....shocks are or appear to be stock(i know the rear is because it says yamaha on it)... my question is: if i want to get a set of elka stage 3’s, other than my riding style ,weight etc, what info do i need? I think the a arms are stock length...anyone know what the stock a arms legnths are? Im just not really familliar about suspension on the machine because u can trick them out so much, it seems to vary by machine...i can email someone pics via pm if they’d like so they can see.....i just dont want to order the wrong shocks, because i know on the order form it asks if the a arms are +2 ,etc ,etc....for the record,im almost sure theyre stock length, but id like to get a second set of eyes on it

thanx

On 4/10/2018 at 5:16 PM, ZIGGYBAM said:

When i bought my bike it had(s) full flight a arms....shocks are or appear to be stock(i know the rear is because it says yamaha on it)... my question is: if i want to get a set of elka stage 3’s, other than my riding style ,weight etc, what info do i need? I think the a arms are stock length...anyone know what the stock a arms legnths are? Im just not really familliar about suspension on the machine because u can trick them out so much, it seems to vary by machine...i can email someone pics via pm if they’d like so they can see.....i just dont want to order the wrong shocks, because i know on the order form it asks if the a arms are +2 ,etc ,etc....for the record,im almost sure theyre stock length, but id like to get a second set of eyes on it

thanx

I just went out to my garage and measured my lonestar +2’s. I measure 13.5 on the upper control arm from the middle of the bolt to where the lower ball joint screws in. I can reasonably guess stock size would then be 11.5 or so. If you measure closer to 11.5 you will know it’s stock. If you are measuring closer to 13.5 you will know it’s +2. Not sure if that helps or not.

Edited by BlackandYellowBanshee

• 2 weeks later...