10mil super serval right off idle bog

Paulie B

First off I love this motor. Half of this thread is going to be how much fun it is bare with me. I has all the low end of my ported stock cylinder but where that motor would sign off this motor just starts making power. Power wheelies at speeds and gears that will scare you. It's also very easy to ride. You know when it's going to hit so let off or shift. the people who told me this was crazy are ignorant or don't have control of their thumb. I will say this keep your stock swinger no spinning problems you just go. The motor is new. it would be easier to say what's not new- the cases. 38 PWK's. CPI big flange jugs, BBIF snipers

The motor is broke in. It starts with starter fluid but won't idle. Through trial and error I've found with the air screws 2 1/2 turns out I can kick start it with both chokes pulled out. If I touch the throttle it floods and will not start ever. I let it idle chokes out until it dies about 10 sec. Then I unchoke it and start it normal. It starts 2nd kick and idles 10 secs then dies. After that I can start it after givin it some throttle. This is the only way it will start normal without spray. It still wont idle and there's a bad bog right off idle. At this setting if it dies it will not start again without a pull.

What say you guys???

Edited by Paulie B

Wow you weren't playing around you got that motor together fast and going. Good stuff sounds like a blast! I agree unless your building a drag bike, keep a stock length swing arm, way more fun.  Less traction issues.  I cant wait to finish my 7 mil

I had a similar issue last year with my 35 pwks on my 421.  I dropped the pilot size quite a bit and it helped with the starting issue, except mine would start no problem as long as I was on the gas a bit then it would die. 

Edited by Ayesully810

2 hours ago, Paulie B said:

First off I love this motor. Half of this thread is going to be how much fun it is bare with me. I has all the low end of my ported stock cylinder but where that motor would sign off this motor just starts making power. Power wheelies at speeds and gears that will scare you. It's also very easy to ride. You know when it's going to hit so let off or shift. the people who told me this was crazy are ignorant or don't have control of their thumb. I will say this keep your stock swinger no spinning problems you just go. The motor is new. it would be easier to say what's not new- the cases. 38 PWK's. CPI big flange jugs, BBIF snipers

The motor is broke in. It starts with starter fluid but won't idle. Through trial and error I've found with the air screws 2 1/2 turns out I can kick start it with both chokes pulled out. If I touch the throttle it floods and will not start ever. I let it idle chokes out until it dies about 10 sec. Then I unchoke it and start it normal. It starts 2nd kick and idles 10 secs then dies. After that I can start it after givin it some throttle. This is the only way it will start normal without spray. It still wont idle and there's a bad bog right off idle. At this setting if it dies it will not start again without a pull.

What say you guys???

Pilot jet is lean

13 hours ago, Ayesully810 said:

Wow you weren't playing around you got that motor together fast and going. Good stuff sounds like a blast! I agree unless your building a drag bike, keep a stock length swing arm, way more fun.  Less traction issues.  I cant wait to finish my 7 mil

I had a similar issue last year with my 35 pwks on my 421.  I dropped the pilot size quite a bit and it helped with the starting issue, except mine would start no problem as long as I was on the gas a bit then it would die. 

It took 7 months lol

Also, when starting the longer stroke stuff, make sure you are using the kicker to roll the crank toward TDC and then give it the swift kick. Do your best to avoid hitting it with the starting fluid. 

Good info I didn’t know that about the long strokers. Might come in handy when my 521 is running in a few weeks. Also I totally agree on the starting fluid. Good way to wipe out the bearings. I’ve always used a plastic water bottle filled with 2 stroke gas and a hole in the lid for those situations. Muccchh safer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UPDATE:

My jets won't be here until tomorrow. In the meantime I went in and lowered the clip on the needle one notch. It's on the bottom one now. Shee started first kick with the chokes pulled. It took forever for it to warm up and the off idle bog is gone. It smokes a lot more and feels a lil lazy until the powerband hits. Shee even starts hot which is a first.

Tyler I think you were right I need to put the needle clip back where it was and go up on the pilot.

Power is unbelievable lol. On pavement even in 4th (the highest gear I can hit in the driveway), when that powerband hits the rear tires burns out a lil before it pulls a wheelie. The only weird issue I'm having now is it's leaking antifreeze. I think it's leaking from the center head bolts and splashing on the pipes. I saw a bunch puddled up on the head there. I've never had a shee do that before whats up with that?