Center mounts

So I was just going to buy some center mount stingers from mat, but I think I wanna try and do it my self

What is the best way to go about turning my regular mounts into center mounts (shearers) , I know I will have to cut and weld some stuff.  Never done something like this before but I have all tools needed.

Edited by Ayesully810

I want to do this with a set of cascades to. Won't it require cutting one of the silencer mounts off, and remount/weld to be able to be bolted in? Bending the stringers to a bit? I never really looked into, so it may sound stupid lol. 

When I mock them up, it just looks like  I will have to cut/weld and bend the stinger tubes to re route them to mount on the insides of the frame instead of the outside. if I try and screw up oh well ill spend 160 and buy center mount stingers from mat

32 minutes ago, specialblend07 said:

Shearer sells center mount kits. I want to say they're $200 or so

yeah I know. mat said he would just sell me the stingers they 180 bucks

I just wanted to try and do it my self and see if I could save a few bucks.

those plastics look sick btw on the new frame!

swap silencers left and right  make a mount for them where you want them to sit.  get out your tools and skillz and do it.  might take a few tries but that the way "custom" stuff is done.  trial and error. 

3 minutes ago, camatv said:

swap silencers left and right  make a mount for them where you want them to sit.  get out your tools and skillz and do it.  might take a few tries but that the way "custom" stuff is done.  trial and error. 

I just got longer bolts with lock nuts that go all the way through the frame where they bolt in.  Do i need a bender? 

most likely the only pipes i have ever just center mounted were FMF SST  but i had to make a 2-1 air filter setup  and of course move all the rear cdi stuff.. 

i think i have some shear center mount stingers?  its just the tubes..  also think i have a set of tabs JD used to make for mounting.. 

34 minutes ago, camatv said:

most likely the only pipes i have ever just center mounted were FMF SST  but i had to make a 2-1 air filter setup  and of course move all the rear cdi stuff..

i think i have some shear center mount stingers?  its just the tubes..  also think i have a set of tabs JD used to make for mounting..

yeah my cdi is behind the tank kill switch only

can you look and see what you have and shoot me a pm? thx