Facebook selling

Facebook in theory is great, however it gives people an easy way to slander a business or spread things that aren't true. it almost seems like we don't know who's ripping who off anymore. It is super easy to subscribe to the for sale section of this form I do and I see all the posts as soon as its emailed to me. I rarely go through the Facebook junk because there is just so much of it to go through all the time. So I see 100% of the for sale posts on here and maybe 5% of the stuff on Facebook. Nobody is on the pooper long enough to get through it all. 

6 minutes ago, sangheraent said:

Facebook in theory is great, however it gives people an easy way to slander a business or spread things that aren't true. it almost seems like we don't know who's ripping who off anymore. It is super easy to subscribe to the for sale section of this form I do and I see all the posts as soon as its emailed to me. I rarely go through the Facebook junk because there is just so much of it to go through all the time. So I see 100% of the for sale posts on here and maybe 5% of the stuff on Facebook. Nobody is on the pooper long enough to get through it all. 

That is the drag of being a business owner on Facebook. I constantly have to watch what I say to people. I'm getting busy enough motor work wise, that I've started to turn away ATV maintenance work as I just don't have the time to do it. Most of the time I tell people they can bring it in, but it will be at least 2 weeks before I can touch it. That sometimes sends them off the deep end, and according to them,  I'm an asshole and feel they are not worth my time. Things get taken out of context of misconstrued quickly on Facebook. It's like some people are on there just to ruin other people's day. This is the main reason I've kinda backed down off of alot of the pages. When people start pitting shop owners against each other and creating an environment where you are constantly defending yourself for no good reason at all... well, it kinda makes you want to pull the plug and just not give a shit about people.   

28 minutes ago, Powerline Performance said:

That is the drag of being a business owner on Facebook. I constantly have to watch what I say to people. I'm getting busy enough motor work wise, that I've started to turn away ATV maintenance work as I just don't have the time to do it. Most of the time I tell people they can bring it in, but it will be at least 2 weeks before I can touch it. That sometimes sends them off the deep end, and according to them,  I'm an asshole and feel they are not worth my time. Things get taken out of context of misconstrued quickly on Facebook. It's like some people are on there just to ruin other people's day. This is the main reason I've kinda backed down off of alot of the pages. When people start pitting shop owners against each other and creating an environment where you are constantly defending yourself for no good reason at all... well, it kinda makes you want to pull the plug and just not give a shit about people.   

Welcome to the bike business!!  Lol

I just went through a bunch of drama three days ago. Basically had to walk a guy through setting up the carbs I sold him he was threatening to send back. Tried to buy with weed at first! Fuck, nobody in Power sports more broke than a banshee owner.

This topic is so so true! I never sold anything on there, cause of what I read in the comments. I can just tell it's some broke person trying to beat someone out of their parts for pennies.I feel more comfortable selling on here for reputation and etc...

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

I just went through a bunch of drama three days ago. Basically had to walk a guy through setting up the carbs I sold him he was threatening to send back. Tried to buy with weed at first! Fuck, nobody in Power sports more broke than a banshee owner.
50/50 split. Either they have no problem spending good money, or they want to know why everyone pays $200 for a new pwk when you can get copy of one off eBay for $69.95. My daily struggle. But... Since I've been getting back into 4poke stuff I'm here to tell you, them guys ain't much better. "you want me to pay you 8 hours shop labor to rebuild my 450 if I take the motor out of frame?" "Yeah bro, there 2,072 bolts in your 450 and a whole valve train that has to be sorted out" YouTube videos make it seem like it takes 10 minutes to rebuild a motor. Lol!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

This topic is so so true! I never sold anything on there, cause of what I read in the comments. I can just tell it's some broke person trying to beat someone out of their parts for pennies.I feel more comfortable selling on here for reputation and etc...

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

Takes patience to deal with most of those brothas but FB does work to sell parts quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you get the Tapatalk app, you can post pics here direct from your phone. It's just as easy, if not easier than FB.

Tapatalk works great! On the other hand most dummies don’t know their ass from a hole in the wall. FB has taken over most the sales part of the secondary market from the main page which sucks to say it’s true. Selling here always gave me more confidence but the exposure isn’t there anymore. I still post on both and 9/10 FB gets me a sale faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk