Facebook selling

Ok guys I know facebook is the future and people are starting to stop selling on the forums but I personally have stopped buying from facebook. I have had some good transactions and bad but overall the part that scares me and has led to me cutting it out is the fact that there is no reputation on somebody's name. On a forum I can see buddy has 125 posts been a member for 8 years basically telling me this guy most likely a respected member of the community but on facebook everything can be fake and I cant judge shit from their family pictures.

Worst of all banshees are the cheapest way to go fast so we end up with the bottom of the barrel buyers and sellers and shit hits the fan regularly. 

I just wanted to put that out there and hope that I can convince some people to post more in the forum section. I dont care if people post in both that's your decision I just want to deal with credible and reputable people. 

As a business, Facebook is an easy tool to use to cross post 1 item over many different pages. Lately I've really pumped the brakes a many of the pages though. Facebook has become a tool for the public to gain access to a direct line to me, any day, at any time. Which seems like a great idea... Until its Sunday and I'm trying to enjoy some family time or nap it out on the couch with the dogs and my phone wont stop. It has become a double edge sword that i constantly cut myself with... 

27 minutes ago, Powerline Performance said:

As a business, Facebook is an easy tool to use to cross post 1 item over many different pages. Lately I've really pumped the brakes a many of the pages though. Facebook has become a tool for the public to gain access to a direct line to me, any day, at any time. Which seems like a great idea... Until its Sunday and I'm trying to enjoy some family time or nap it out on the couch with the dogs and my phone wont stop. It has become a double edge sword that i constantly cut myself with... 

sunday- turn phone off completely until monday morning, thats what I do

At least on here I recognize names that have been around as long as I have.
Are people so full of Tide pods they can't Google something? I don't get it.

I have people that call me daily at the shop to ask questions Google or Siri could answer in 10 seconds. You are not alone in you wonderment.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I have some small stuff to sell and my phone sucks and I'm computer illiterate and its hard for me to post pics lol,so I haven't posted them on here. But it's easy for me to post them on the Facebook site. It sucks tho because all i get is idiots. 

Last week I posted a nice set of stock carbs TORS delete with new uni pods and some dumbass hits me up about them then says they are jetted too rich for his set up, like he can't fuckin change them lol. Has me go dig out some other jets tho and spare needles, then never gets back to me and two days later I see him posting In search of stock carbs for sale.....

The only upside to Facebook selling, well for me anyways, is I can reach a huge audience very quickly. Prime example, I just posted a set of dune port cylinder I just finished up, with pistons and fresh bore to my facebook business page. Then I shared it to 3 other pages. in a half hour they were sold to one of my local customers who couldn't pass up the bargain, and now I'm having conversations with 2 other guys who want to send me core cylinders to do up for them. 

This... of course, is a abnormal occurrence... Most of the time when I post stuff up like this people kick the shit out of the tires, or tell me my price is too high. Then they tell me about their cousins, neighbors, uncles, dogs, grandfather who builds the baddest banshee motors on the planet. And proceed to send me pictures of them rebuilding a motor on a tire in some back alley somewhere. soooo.... I got luck tonight ;) 

5 minutes ago, Powerline Performance said:

The only upside to Facebook selling, well for me anyways, is I can reach a huge audience very quickly. Prime example, I just posted a set of dune port cylinder I just finished up, with pistons and fresh bore to my facebook business page. Then I shared it to 3 other pages. in a half hour they were sold to one of my local customers who couldn't pass up the bargain, and now I'm having conversations with 2 other guys who want to send me core cylinders to do up for them.

This... of course, is a abnormal occurrence... Most of the time when I post stuff up like this people kick the shit out of the tires, or tell me my price is too high. Then they tell me about their cousins, neighbors, uncles, dogs, grandfather who builds the baddest banshee motors on the planet. And proceed to send me pictures of them rebuilding a motor on a tire in some back alley somewhere. soooo.... I got luck tonight ;)

sweet don.

turn that phone off on sundays trust me. its good

ever watch the matrix? time to unplug lol

Edited by Ayesully810