banshee upgrade advice

DURAN

hi all, i have a 2002 banshee, id like to know what mods i can do for some extra power. its got v-force 4 reeds, bosson pipes, pro design air filter, carbs have been jetted, bigger radiator and high flow water pump, ohlin shocks.

i live in the highveld and use 95 octane. Is there anything i could do with gearing and maybe compression and timing to get some extra power without compromising on reliability? or is my only option to stroke the motor?

TIA 

On 2/11/2018 at 7:15 AM, Rippin'n'Runnin said:

You already have most of the basic mods. For cheap you could do an adjustable timing plate and run it +4. A coolhead with some 20-22cc domes would bump compression up a little.

go with the cool head, 21cc domes, and the adjustable timing plate. if you can afford it look into the SLP pipes.

Get a toomey or equivalent needle for your carbs as well....

then spend your money on the suspension, you will be gald you did.

Typically "stock" is 22-24 cc range. when you get 20cc and smaller you need to run higher octane fuel.

Once you up performance, reliability goes down. (unless you are OCD on maintenance)

15 hours ago, Toybreaker said:

go with the cool head, 21cc domes, and the adjustable timing plate. if you can afford it look into the SLP pipes.

Get a toomey or equivalent needle for your carbs as well....

then spend your money on the suspension, you will be gald you did.

Typically "stock" is 22-24 cc range. when you get 20cc and smaller you need to run higher octane fuel.

Once you up performance, reliability goes down. (unless you are OCD on maintenance)

Thank you for the help! Will try these mods

2 hours ago, Larry's Shee said:

I would check with a builder like fast . At 6,000 ASL you'll need smaller than 20cc to get compression up enough. One of the builders had a chart of compression VS elevation.

By chance are you in S. Africa?

Yes i live in South Africa, I ride in the at the coast and in the highveld, I’d like to have the bike setup for both?

You did ask about power but when i've been there and appreciated full suspension upgrades (with good shocks and a-arms) to be superior over little mods that give you a little more power.

If you are set on power, id get the cylinders ported when it's time for a top end.