Workout regiment

bronco91shee

Last year I did my first MX race. This year I plan to do more as my free time and bank account allows, so nothing super competitive. 

However, I know the biggest reason I am slow right now is due to my body, not my quad. So I have been working out more based on what was sore after track days last fall. 

Just wondering for those of you that are more serious into racing, what is your workout schedule like and what weight machines/exercises/ stretches do you find most useful and how often?

A friend of mine is a pro motocross rider and he has always had an issue with his forearms getting an extreme pump to the point where his arms are numb.  We used to train at the same gym together and he told me that if your racing to not train arms (biceps and forearms) directly because it makes it worse, he stopped training arms and I guess it went away.  I don't race but im a gym rat and id imagine that any kind of high intensity circuit training, timed sets, giant sets etc. would have some good carry over into racing. jmo

20 hours ago, sheerider11 said:

How serious are you?
Can you go to the gym everyday? Or ride often?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I have been slowly building up a home gym which now includes an exercise bike for cardio I do about 3 days a week and one day a week at the actual gym because of 2 kids. 

I do not own land to ride on, but plan to get out about every third weekend in the summer to local play area or MX track.

So not super serious, but not couch potato either. New house will have land and I;ll be able to get back to riding multiple times a week.

I have been slowly building up a home gym which now includes an exercise bike for cardio I do about 3 days a week and one day a week at the actual gym because of 2 kids. 
I do not own land to ride on, but plan to get out about every third weekend in the summer to local play area or MX track.
So not super serious, but not couch potato either. New house will have land and I;ll be able to get back to riding multiple times a week.
Okay. I have a whole regiment and meal plan. But it takes dedication.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk