170 psi with pump gas

Any porting or timing?

Yes. I had +2 timing. And at that particular time I was running an eBay top end kit before I decided to put money into it and buy real shit. I actually ported the cylinders myself, had no idea what I was doing yet, just hogging shit out lol. It sounds like bullshit but I swear it worked. Part of the proof I was turning that many rpm is both pistons and wrist pin bearings exploded on me. Here’s pictures of the destruction. Hard to see but the bottom end was so full of chunks and shit it wouldn’t even turn over anymore. ae17ebc1afc10a7dd22e7d78ac3be064.jpg028e9247447fd3dc9123cba63ebcf278.jpg8bb7d61809830fa90d8f6dd1181d6bf5.jpgb1db6e6816b010a4f5e4b7c6d9ae38f0.jpg

Also not sure if kawa was talking about me but I did that too, and shaved the head. I found out the hard way that you can only shave the stock head up to about 160psi before you break into the entry coolant passage, the other 10psi to get to 170 came from shaving the top of the cylinders. And obviously you have to re-cut the relief in the head for the piston to not smack it. I did the clay test to find my squish and all that.

It made a lot of power on that setup for me just googling shit and trying crap old hot rodders I know told me. Would’ve liked to dyno it, pulled the front wheels at the top of third when the powerband kicked in.

Again I know it sounds like bullshit but why would I lie, and it’s not like I’m saying it would compete with my 521. I’m just saying it was some pretty damn fast garbage lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, moneybags said:

Yes, it will be her first go at riding a banshee with out me on the back.

I do a lot of back country roads. I live in a small town. Sometimes I even pick the kid up from school on the banshee or show up to the fire department when we get a call. It's pretty much our second vehical at this point.

it would be pretty cool to get her on the other bansher and go for a ride away from the kids. I fill pretty dam lucky to be able to ride the banshee any day I want. I've even made some pretty cool hill climbs on the property.

As I said befor, it's been awhile since being active on the forums. Did I hear that Brandon at WCR is nolonger does banshee work? Looks like i will be looking for someone to cut some new domes.

Thanks

What head do you have? There are 4 different heads for a cheetah that i know of.  You might not be able to get domes for what you have. 

Maybe your squish is tight and you could recut your existing domes?

I have found that some builders will not cut domes unless they built the motor. One is very popular here. Noss is very helpfull and fast service. 

I ran 170psi on 93 octane 32:1 for a long time before I went with the 521cc kit. Never had any issues with pinging or detonation, and I was turning 12-13k rpm. I calculated that based on speed, tire size and gearing. Have you guys had problems with it?

FMF golds.. yes I know I’ve been thoroughly informed they’re junk but that’s what the math says. I was clocked at 97.7mph with 14/44 sprockets and 20 inch tires. My trail tech vapor said 97.9mph, which bring .2mph off at that speed is pretty impressive I feel

Yes. I had +2 timing. And at that particular time I was running an eBay top end kit before I decided to put money into it and buy real shit. I actually ported the cylinders myself, had no idea what I was doing yet, just hogging shit out lol. It sounds like bullshit but I swear it worked. Part of the proof I was turning that many rpm is both pistons and wrist pin bearings exploded on me. Here’s pictures of the destruction. Hard to see but the bottom end was so full of chunks and shit it wouldn’t even turn over anymore. ae17ebc1afc10a7dd22e7d78ac3be064.jpg028e9247447fd3dc9123cba63ebcf278.jpg8bb7d61809830fa90d8f6dd1181d6bf5.jpgb1db6e6816b010a4f5e4b7c6d9ae38f0.jpg

Also not sure if kawa was talking about me but I did that too, and shaved the head. I found out the hard way that you can only shave the stock head up to about 160psi before you break into the entry coolant passage, the other 10psi to get to 170 came from shaving the top of the cylinders. And obviously you have to re-cut the relief in the head for the piston to not smack it. I did the clay test to find my squish and all that.

It made a lot of power on that setup for me just googling shit and trying crap old hot rodders I know told me. Would’ve liked to dyno it, pulled the front wheels at the top of third when the powerband kicked in.

Again I know it sounds like bullshit but why would I lie, and it’s not like I’m saying it would compete with my 521. I’m just saying it was some pretty damn fast garbage lol

N
O
T

A

F
K
N

C
H
A
N
C
E

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Put it this way, having owned many FMF piped banshees and having a few on the dyno, I can say with 100% that your engine didn't rev to 12K rpm. Figuring on a dyno with barely any load, they can barely rev past 10k, you are not hitting 12-13K with a load. 

Well, maybe I’m wrong. I don’t know. All I know for sure is I got clocked at that speed and the math says that’s the rpm it turned. And I know that it was only the third or fourth time running it out that hard before the pistons and bearings exploded. I apologize for my ignorance on pipes

Well, maybe I’m wrong. I don’t know. All I know for sure is I got clocked at that speed and the math says that’s the rpm it turned. And I know that it was only the third or fourth time running it out that hard before the pistons and bearings exploded. I apologize for my ignorance on pipes

Calculating rpm that way is hard due to the deformation of the tires at speed. The faster you go, the taller your tires get!

You're probably the only person in the history of history running FMFs on a banshee motor bigger than 400cc's

Yeah well, we’ll see I guess. I’m more than likely gonna buy the big bore shearer in frames that Tricked Carbine has with tax return in the next month. Unless somebody else has a better deal but I doubt it. But honestly, at this point I kind of want to run the FMFs for a minute just to see how bad they are compared to real pipes. Just for shits and giggles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk