170 psi with pump gas

Hey guys. I wanted to know if you think I could get away with running 92 octain pump gas on my 421 cheeta power valve motor if i put the timming back to zero. im wanting to pull this other banshee out and get it ridding. Most builders don't want anything to do with this motor. So, long story short, what's your opinions

It's kicking about 165 to 170 psi.

It's been awhile since I've been on the forums. Glad to see it's still here.

Thanks

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dam that was quick, thanks for the fast reply. But not was I was hopping to hear. I purchased the motor from a crack head then sent it out to Brandon at WCR  (wiled card racing) 6 to 7 years ago. He went over the cylinders tuched up the port timming and provided the domes. I took it to the dyno and it made 74 hp lol Rode it once then parked it. Since then it's been collecting rat shit and dust. 

past few years I've been riding my redline10mill seravel. I was hopping to  put my girlfriend on this with out having to have new domes cut for it. Sorry for the shitty fast post...

Thanks

Does your gf ride? or would this be her first? prolly dropping the compression and timing down to run pump fuel would tame it down a bit for her if she has never ridden before. 70hp bike is a lot for someone who has never rode before, depends on where your riding too.  My little cousin is a really good rider in my opinion (for a 15 yr old who rides smaller 4 strokes) I put him on my 4 mil banshee and he crashed it into a tree on a wide open fire road this past summer.  this has nothing to do with your post just thought id re live that night mare for lolz

Edited by Ayesully810

I ran 170psi on 93 octane 32:1 for a long time before I went with the 521cc kit. Never had any issues with pinging or detonation, and I was turning 12-13k rpm. I calculated that based on speed, tire size and gearing. Have you guys had problems with it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Derpy Drifter said:

I ran 170psi on 93 octane 32:1 for a long time before I went with the 521cc kit. Never had any issues with pinging or detonation, and I was turning 12-13k rpm. I calculated that based on speed, tire size and gearing. Have you guys had problems with it?

What pipes with that RPM?

What pipes with that RPM?

FMF golds.. yes I know I’ve been thoroughly informed they’re junk but that’s what the math says. I was clocked at 97.7mph with 14/44 sprockets and 20 inch tires. My trail tech vapor said 97.9mph, which bring .2mph off at that speed is pretty impressive I feel

Yes, it will be her first go at riding a banshee with out me on the back.

I do a lot of back country roads. I live in a small town. Sometimes I even pick the kid up from school on the banshee or show up to the fire department when we get a call. It's pretty much our second vehical at this point.

it would be pretty cool to get her on the other bansher and go for a ride away from the kids. I fill pretty dam lucky to be able to ride the banshee any day I want. I've even made some pretty cool hill climbs on the property.

As I said befor, it's been awhile since being active on the forums. Did I hear that Brandon at WCR is nolonger does banshee work? Looks like i will be looking for someone to cut some new domes.

Thanks