Banshee carb issues?

06YFZ350

Im about to go out and finish the carb sync I just went and got some 93 non ethanol gas 18 bucks for 5 gallons so not bad. I am thinking about mixing it 40:1 do you guys think that will be fine and when you start chaning the oil/fuel mix does that have an effect on the jetting?

Im about to go out and finish the carb sync I just went and got some 93 non ethanol gas 18 bucks for 5 gallons so not bad. I am thinking about mixing it 40:1 do you guys think that will be fine and when you start chaning the oil/fuel mix does that have an effect on the jetting?
That will be good since ur changing jetting ne ways.

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ok today I drained out the 32:1 gas and got it filled up with 40:1 then i continued on with syncing the carbs under tension and have them both dead nuts equal. I put the boots back on and the airbox and got it all together and rode it in my small yard and she rips hard even tho i can only full throttle it for a second it was clean and crisp with no bog. I live in one of the most densely populated cities in florida so we dont have much area to ride locally without the cops showing up but I do plan to head to an industrial area tonight where I will be able to open it up and stretch it out so i can start doing the plug chops and jet swapping.

On November 24, 2017 at 4:10 PM, 06YFZ350 said:

Definitely makes a difference. What were you previously mixing at? And what oil are you wanting to run at 40:1?

Rich/lean terminology applies a couple different ways. 

Air/Fuel Ratio: It's the ratio of air to fuel that creates a proper burn with out creating so much heat that it melts pistons, but also doesn't have to much fuel so that it create a sloppy cool burn. Think of when you start up a torch and play with the mix valve. That burn you get before you squeeze the lever is what we want in our cylinders. That burn you get when you squeeze the trigger is basically what you get when an air leak occurs.

Fuel/Oil Ratio: This applies to your question. If a given motor runs perfect with the current jets in the carbs, changing the amount of oil in the fuel can have an effect on jetting. So say the motor is running perfect. Now take a motor that's been running at 32:1 fuel. Now you add fuel mixed at 40:1. You are actually giving the motor more fuel through the carb jets. Not to big of a deal. Now say you have a motor running perfect at 40:1. Take that motor and feed it 32:1 mix. You would actually be flowing less gas through the jets. Typically the average motor is jetted with a decent margin of error so you may not notice the difference. Do not let people confuse you by calling it oil/fuel ratio when you read a number XX:Y , fuel is the first number in the ratio.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trickedcarbine said:

Definitely makes a difference. What were you previously mixing at? And what oil are you wanting to run at 40:1?

Rich/lean terminology applies a couple different ways. 

Air/Fuel Ratio: It's the ratio of air to fuel that creates a proper burn with out creating so much heat that it melts pistons, but also doesn't have to much fuel so that it create a sloppy cool burn. Think of when you start up a torch and play with the mix valve. That burn you get before you squeeze the lever is what we want in our cylinders. That burn you get when you squeeze the trigger is basically what you get when an air leak occurs.

Fuel/Oil Ratio: This applies to your question. If a given motor runs perfect with the current jets in the carbs, changing the amount of oil in the fuel can have an effect on jetting. So say the motor is running perfect. Now take a motor that's been running at 32:1 fuel. Now you add fuel mixed at 40:1. You are actually giving the motor more fuel through the carb jets. Not to big of a deal. Now say you have a motor running perfect at 40:1. Take that motor and feed it 32:1 mix. You would actually be flowing less gas through the jets. Typically the average motor is jetted with a decent margin of error so you may not notice the difference. Do not let people confuse you by calling it oil/fuel ratio when you read a number XX:Y , fuel is the first number in the ratio.

I was mixing at 32:1 and I am using Klotz super techniplate. The way you just explained it actually gave me a way better understanding of the air fuel mixture.