Banshee carb issues?

06YFZ350

1 hour ago, Ayesully810 said:

Really? U sure those r 19cc domes. What r the port timings do u know

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

The only thing i can think is maybe the builder i used did not put those 19cc domes in it, The other thing is maybe BP racing had them engraved incorrectly. The domes where supposed to be 22cc domes but it for sure was engraved with 19cc on it. I dont know about the port timings so i can give any info on that. 

4 hours ago, Ayesully810 said:

I mean 135 psi isnt bad its just odd bc 19cc should put u well over that. What did the adapter of the compression tester look kike? Same thread length as ur spark plugs?

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

The compression tester is one i got from autozone it is a little bit shorter then a spark plug

2 hours ago, Toybreaker said:

Stupid question but did you hold the throttle open during the test?

I have the carbs off so i did not have to hold the throttle open

4 minutes ago, trickedcarbine said:

What elevation? Altitude can have an effect on compression. 

Im at sea level, im in florida on the gulf coast.

16 minutes ago, trickedcarbine said:

Unless there is a monster exhaust port, something is fucky. 

Tricked the only thing i can think is, The kit i ordered was supposed to come with 22 cc domes, I for sure read on them 19cc but maybe it was engraved wrong. I honestly dont know about how my motor is ported as i have not see any pictures or have any to post. I will be doing a leak down test tho very soon maybe i can take some pictures when i have the pipes off if that will tell you anything. Another thing is maybe the guy who built my motor did not put in the 19cc domes as i told him i wanted to run pump gas he may have switched them to a different set then what i had given him. 

What’s your main and pitot jet? I think you should be around 300 and 27.5 for a starting point.

thats a low end pipe, shouldn’t be dead on bottom end. Try adjusting your slides for low level performance. 

If your rich right off the bat that’s a problem.

you NEED to buy the synch tool. FAST has a sale going now. Order one today makes life easier.

lastly look up south Texas Banshee on YouTube and watch his carb synch video

Edited by gusto
  • Like 1

Get a plastic syringe and a piece of clear plexi glass. Drill an 1/8" hole in the plexi. Put water in the syringe and put the plunger at a precise measurement. Fill your spark plug till it is full. Make note of where the plunger is at and find the difference. Youll need that number later. Now take the dome with a spark plug in it and the plexi    on face up. Fill the syringe again and fill the dome till liquid just reaches the hole you drilled.  Subtract the previous spark plug amount and that's your dome CC. 

It is very possible your builder took a set of 19cc's shelf domes to cut them to 22cc'.