No Start After Complete Rebuild

Offroadobsessions

I cannot seem to get my banshee to crank for the life of me. i recently rebuilt the engine. i had an aggressive trail port done with 68mm bore im running cool head, fmf fatties, and pwk 28's. Ive check compression and its at 140psi. ive been through the carbs and everything seems good, im running a 45 pilot and 160 main. timing is at +4 and im getting good spark. It will pop a few times like its trying but will not bust off. Any help is greatly appreciated 

Wonder if the crank is fucked up.

Had a similar issue with a friends. Everything was fine when you check it as a part. But when I got it finally started it vibrated like Jesse's gf dildo, violently and hard. Took the reeds out and turned it over and saw the crank was very badly out of phase.

• Like 1

The gap is correct and spark with no plug cap will jump roughly .25". I'm running B8es plugs. I took an old harness and used the bare minimum just for diag. No change, tried a new stator and no change. I'm going to put in the bigger pilots tomorrow and see it that's the key.

Edited by Offroadobsessions

Did you put any paper towels or anything that was forgot about during assembly exhaust, intake, ect.. is the choke cross over tube on the carbs hooked up?
I think he said he had pwks, so no choke crossover tube. But good call on the rags! Easy to overlook.

I actually had some time to mess with it today and it seem to get a little better. I installed new stator and pickup "gapped correct",  i got more like 5-8 hits after swapping to a 48 pilot. Plugs are still wet with raw fuel with a bright white spark on the plug. Im stumped, the only thing i haven't changed are the 160 mains and the NAPF needle that came in the carbs.

Edited by Offroadobsessions