Another Sprocket Question

BlackandYellowBanshee

I am currently running 13/44 on my 4mil stock cylinder (4mil port timing but no dune/play port) setup with 22in 10 paddle haulers. I have a +4 swingarm. I am currently rebuilding the top end to a Serval setup with shearer inflames. 35pwks. Supposed to put out somewhere in the 80hp range. I mostly dune ride, but enjoy dragging friends/randoms at Little Sahara at the end of the day. Last trip on my old setup, I didn’t like the low end I had for climbing dunes. I was just fine with decent speed on approaching, but felt I lacked a little bit. I also struggle with even getting the front end to pop up when dragging. Starting in 2nd-forget about it. I was wondering if anyone out there runs a similar setup and can tell me whether to keep gearing the same with the bigger motor or change something up. Not terribly concerned about losing top speed, as I am rarely rapping out 6th gear. Don’t want to completely screw up top speed but I’m willing to take a little off to benefit my bottom end. First timer on the forum. Any insight would help.

what top speed? you are already running a large sprocket ratio 3.385, stock is 2.929. The larger this ratio, the less top speed you will have. 

Put some more gear into it, a more powerful engine like to have some gear. You will be able to use the power as it actually puts a load on the engine and doesn't just rev right out. 

I'm running 14/42 with 22inch ultralights 12 paddle with a ported 421 serval shearer small bore pipes & a +4 swingarm. I can launch in second. My weight is 190lbs. I tried many different sprocket combinations front and rear and I found this to be the most rideable. It's geared to pull 1-5...with 6th being useless. In the end gearing is how ever you like it the most IMHO. Hopefully this will be a guide for you.

Edited by Dalton